How to test 100's of inbound numbers

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to test 100's of inbound numbers

Postby khuff » Wed May 13, 2015 10:06 am

We're working on a campaign that uses 100's of inbound numbers (about 900 to be exact) and we had issues when we initially setup with the carrier that made us unsure that they all were setup properly. So we're wanting to test each number to verify not only that it routes to our servers correctly but also that it's playing the correct welcome message (We have multiple). So I'm looking for suggestions on a quick way to test these inbound numbers. I have contemplated setting up an outbound campaign to test by manually dailing these numbers, but not sure if that would be the most efficient. So has anyone had to test 100's of inbound numbers before? Any suggestions on how to tackle it? Is there a way I could remove the human interaction from it and just rely on logs to see which inbound numbers received the call?

Thanks in advance.
Vicibox 8.1 | ViciDial VERSION: 2.14-687a BUILD: 180908-1618 | Asterisk: 11.25.3-vici | Multi Server 12 x Dialers / 2 x Web / 1 x Master DB / 1 x Slave DB / 1 x Archive | No extra software or hardware after install
khuff

Re: How to test 100's of inbound numbers

Postby bobchaos » Wed May 13, 2015 2:56 pm

We do this all the time for my 3rd party call center clients. When we get a large list of cold calls, we give it a first pass, agentless, and allow the dialer to take out all the "number disconnected" and other list flaws for us (and gather stats on list quality).

Since those DIDs are coming in to your system, you can compare the campaign report with inbound ones to narrow down anomalies in your outbound calls. Your issue will be with the recordings... You can monitor the console logs to see if it played the right recording, but you won't hear it unless you play them all one by one or get agents involved.

If you do have the agents, make em do it: it's more man hours but it solves the issue with the recordings and you can still use reports and logs to trace anomalies. Besides, less than 1000 number? a dozen agents can crunch through that in minutes, especially since you pretty much know the outcome of each call. The only difficulty I see there is the agents would need to have a list of DID/messages handy to compare live results with intended results. Also, if you do use agents, use RATIO 1:1 as the dial method (maybe agent waiting +1 or 2 to minimize time between calls, not like you're gonna drop em!), since in theory every single call should be a hit.

*EDIT*

The list of intended results for the agents could be added directly into the list for simplicity in any spare field, and then you can have the agents note errors in the comments. You can then run an SQL query to get all the not-null comments from that campaign.
bobchaos

Re: How to test 100's of inbound numbers

Postby mflorell » Wed May 13, 2015 4:02 pm

We have a couple of clients that set up Vicidial to do inbound DID testing to hundreds of DIDs through several different carriers at different times of the day, each day. It works very well.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion