DID providers and setting up a mult area code caller ID

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

DID providers and setting up a mult area code caller ID

Postby dransiksapoc » Thu May 14, 2015 5:57 pm

I have a potential client on another dialer (you guys have probably run across it before, get's white labeled all the time, flash based UI, generally not a feature rich thing.) and he worked with them to get some custom stuff up. He's actually primarily doing push 1 B2B and they set this thing up where they dynamically change the caller id on each call to a number that matches the area code of the number being called. He says they initially charged him a $170 to get it setup and I've looked at his bills and invoices, it doesn't seem to show up there. He is however being charged a flat rate per minute for all the calls, makes sense, really just doing push 1.

I'm trying to figure out how they did that....I can write logic that mimics that but as far as the origination goes, I'm at a loss. They literally have a working number for every area code in the US. If I can find a cheap did provider, possibly multi channeled with a small flat rate....maybe. Or maybe a really cheap did provider that's charging in the .6 cents a minute range that could be doable as well.

Sometime ago I came across a room that had something similar set up and they called it something I can't remember. So if this is a "thing" that is more or less common I'm not even sure what words to use to research it. Been trying all day with little luck.

Paying roughly 8 bucks times 294 just ins't going to work here, there's got to be a cheap maybe even easier solution that maybe one of you has come across. I kept thinking there was a way to buy a list of "virtual numbers" that don't really originate and only forward...maybe I was wrong. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
dransiksapoc

Re: DID providers and setting up a mult area code caller ID

Postby mflorell » Thu May 14, 2015 8:56 pm

For the outbound calling portion, that's just AC-CID, which is a standard Campaign feature in Vicidial.

For the inbound side, You can get DIDs for a lot less than $8 through carriers like Vitelity which I believe starts at $1.50/month, but if you have nearly 300 you could probably get a steep discount.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby dransiksapoc » Fri May 15, 2015 11:43 am

Thanks Matt, guess that's what I get for not reading the manual cover to cover lol. I'll definitely check that portion out and check out that company, really appreciate it.
dransiksapoc

Postby dransiksapoc » Fri May 15, 2015 3:18 pm

So after speaking with one of their sales associates, I can't thank you enough Matt. Anyone needing similar volume I definitely recommend these guys.
dransiksapoc

Postby mflorell » Fri May 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Glad I could help :)

Vitelity is a great company, with the best inbound carrier DID management in the industry.

Here's a link: http://www.vitelity.com
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion