Local DID Extension

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Local DID Extension

Postby wwwanaya » Sat May 30, 2015 6:20 pm

How I can setup an local extension in the DID Extension. I want to call locally to that extension, and then in the DID, route it to a In-Group, here I got various clients on my building, and I have to setup a extensions for every clients with an call menu.

When I'm on the form to add new DID I put extension for example 1101.
But when I call it from my extension (Which is 8001, are in the same server) the Asterisk show:

NOTICE[2922]: chan_sip.c:15566 handle_request_invite: Call from '8001' to extension '0001' rejected because extension not found.

Where I have to create this extension?
wwwanaya

Re: Local DID Extension

Postby striker » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:27 am

your phone 8001 willl use context default
and the DID depends on the context trunkinbound..

go to vi /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf

and the below line under context [default]

ie
[default]

exten => 1101,1,GoTo(trunkinbound,1101,1)

save
reload the asterisk (asterisk -rx "reload")
www.striker24x7.com www.youtube.com/c/striker24x7 Telegram/skype id : striker24x7
striker

Re: Local DID Extension

Postby williamconley » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:22 pm

wwwanaya wrote:How I can setup an local extension in the DID Extension. I want to call locally to that extension, and then in the DID, route it to a In-Group, here I got various clients on my building, and I have to setup a extensions for every clients with an call menu.

When I'm on the form to add new DID I put extension for example 1101.
But when I call it from my extension (Which is 8001, are in the same server) the Asterisk show:

NOTICE[2922]: chan_sip.c:15566 handle_request_invite: Call from '8001' to extension '0001' rejected because extension not found.

Where I have to create this extension?

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) I'm a little lost on what you're trying to do.

a) With a Vicidial Phone, call an extension to reach someone in the building?
b) With an inbound call, route it to a Vicidial phone which is somewhere else in the building?
c) With a "client" in the building who has a Vicidial phone, allow them to call you by dialing your DID to get to your office personnel?

4) Note that setting up a DID allows INBOUND calls to route to that number. That does not allow OUTBOUND calls to reach the DID. To make an outbound call to a number (such as 1101), you would create a Vicidial Phone (admin->Phones) and put 1101 in the "Dial Plan Number" field.

With a little clarity, it'll be pretty easy to do ... once we know your goal. :)

PS: If you want to "simulate" a DID call, you can modify a Phone's "Phone Context" to "trunkinbound" and outbound calls from that phone will route to DIDs. But then that phone can no longer make outbound calls, of course.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion