need help beginner ubuntu 12.04 asterisk-11-current vicidial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

need help beginner ubuntu 12.04 asterisk-11-current vicidial

Postby niwang09 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:59 pm

im currently trying to install vicidial . but when i try to patch meetme_DTMF_passthru-1.2.23.patch it gives me error. i got a guid for VICIdial for Dummies first & free edition
niwang09

Re: need help beginner ubuntu 12.04 asterisk-11-current vici

Postby williamconley » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Don't use Vicidial for Dummies. Use the .iso image available free at Vicibox.com. On Vicibox.com there is also a PDF which will assist you in installation. After installation, you will switch to the Vicidial Manager's Manual which is available Free on EFLO.net (there's also a paid version, which I highly recommend, on that site).

When you follow the instructions in the Vicidial Managers Manual to configure the system after installation: Do not skip any pages. Seriously. If you hit a bump, bring the Page and Line # here along with what happened and what you expected (details!) and any relevant configuration entries and we'll try to help.

And when you post: Always post your Full Vicidial Version (with build!) and your installation method with version.

It's MUCH easier to install with the same method everyone else uses that was specifically built for an easy install by Kumba. Remember to thank him when you're done! LOL.

Or you can always pay someone to install it, or even lease a hosted system to get you going. The data in a Vicidial server can be moved to a new server pretty easily, so the system becomes portable by moving just the data. That can get you online sooner. 8-)

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion