Phone Alias Total Configuration !

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Phone Alias Total Configuration !

Postby boiken » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:04 am

Hello everybody.

Im having some issues understanding and implementing Phone Alias conpect.

I made a test environment with the configuriation like this :
1 Vicibox Express server (All-In-One) (IP : 192.168.1.140)
1 Vicibox Installation (Telephony Server) (IP : 192.168.1.141)
as a SIP Phone im using Xlite.

Now my question is : How can i configure Users and Phones in those two servers ,so i can make a user log on(Xlite) to both Servers?
What IP i have to put to DOMAIN at Xlive ?

Thanks
CONTACT US
Vicidial Support
https://www.fiverr.com/share/rxDY0x
boiken

Re: Phone Alias Total Configuration !

Postby okli » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:51 am

You'd better use zoiper or 3CX as both allow multiple accounts in their free versions.
In whichever softphone you use , you 'd need to register 2 accounts, for each telephony server.
Lets say phone accounts are s1001 and s2001 for each server, you need to have these 2 phones configured in Vicidial admin interface with the same phone login password, then create an alias, say x001 and put s1001,2001 as alias members/Phones Logins List.
When logging into agent's screen, agents need to use x001 as phone login and password the phones login password which is the same for both s1001 and s2001.
okli

Re: Phone Alias Total Configuration !

Postby williamconley » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:25 pm

boiken wrote:Now my question is : How can i configure Users and Phones in those two servers ,so i can make a user log on(Xlite) to both Servers?
What IP i have to put to DOMAIN at Xlive ?

1) Look in the Vicidial Manager's Manual to avoid challenges such as this. Paid version is best, of course, but the free version is quite cool, too. Download on the store at EFLO.net.

2) Use the bulk phone adder utility. Very helpful. /vicidial/admin_phones_bulk_insert.php DO NOT overlap any existing phones when you do this. Start a whole new phone numbering scheme to avoid a collision with an existing phone.

3) Basic concept: You create two phones and assign one to each dialer in admin->Phones. Then you create an alias that "links" these two phones. Use the same password for both phones to avoid confusion, but use a different dialplan number and agent screen login for each phone as well as a different screen login for the alias. This allows you to use either of the phones to log in specifically using that phone OR use the alias for the load balancing feature.

4) Best bet, though: Use the bulk phone adder several times. Delete the phone/alias after each use after seeing how IT created them. Educational. :)

(And of course okli is right, XLite will only register ONE account, so you'll need to use 3CS or Zoiper or some phone that will allow multiple sip accounts).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion