Popup on Calls in queue

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Popup on Calls in queue

Postby fibres » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:40 am

Hi Guys

We have just deployed to a new customer who is not the usual heavy outbound pressure sales enviroment we usually deploy into.

These agents make manual dial calls through the system but are often on other pages working on other things and not always set to ready to recieve calls.

Is there any way to popup something on an agents screen when A call comes into the ingroup even when there on pause? So there browser window would throw a popup to say there is a call in the queue.

My other idea is to put some kind of ringer so all phones ring as well as going into the ingroup but unsure how well that would work.

Regards
Vicibox 4.0.3 ISO install.
VERSION: 2.6-393a
BUILD: 130124-1721
Astersik 1.4.44-vici
No Hardware
No other software installed
fibres

Re: Popup on Calls in queue

Postby mflorell » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:38 pm

There is currently nothing that does that. Have you looked into on-hook agent phones? That's where the phone will ring and the agent has to pick it up before it will be sent to them.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby fibres » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Can you have an on-hook agent that is making outbound manual dial calls?
Astersik 1.4.44-vici
No Hardware
fibres

Postby mflorell » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:44 am

Yes, they can make outbound manual calls, they just have to make sure they are connected before they place the call(either staying in the session after handling their last call or clicking the "ring" link at the top of their screen to ring their phone so that they can be in the session to place an outbound call)
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby fibres » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:59 am

Ok thats great. I will have a play over the weekend with on-hook agents.

Thanks for the help as always Matt!
Astersik 1.4.44-vici
No Hardware
fibres

Postby nandotech » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:46 pm

fibres wrote:Is there any way to popup something on an agents screen when A call comes into the ingroup even when there on pause? So there browser window would throw a popup to say there is a call in the queue.

My other idea is to put some kind of ringer so all phones ring as well as going into the ingroup but unsure how well that would work.

If you think of the problem a different way...

IF campaign is set to INBOUND_MAN and agents are actually in Ready instead of Pause (basically just means they are ready for an inbound) then you may be able to accomplish the behavior you're looking for using ALERTS_ENABLED = Y on each individual agent ? (Will require you to update the vicidial_users table manually)

If my memory serves me correctly, that causes some sort of annoying javascript popup on the agent screen when they receive any phone call. It was defaulted to 1 in some SVN upgrade long ago and I have fond memories of getting rid of that "annoying popup" being my number 1 priority :roll:

Good luck
NandoTech, Inc | Software Developers and Telephony Solution Experts
ViciDIAL Hosting | Full Custom Installations | CRM Integrations | Support & Training
www.nandotech.com | 561-757-7187 | info@nt-x.com
For awesome VoIP/SIP Trunking: Arctele Communications, Inc
nandotech

Return to General Discussion