Questions about VICIdial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Questions about VICIdial

Postby scrizo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:53 am

Hello I hope this is the right forum to post in if not could an admin move it to the correct one.

We currently use OSDIAL for our dialer software unfortunately it does not work, nor has it ever worked.

Our office is a small 10-15 man shop.

Our phone system is Comdial DXP with a PRI card that connects to our Comcast ADTRAN

Our Linux server aka the OSDIAL machine has a Sangoma PCI-E T1 2 port card in it that connects to the Comdial PRI and the other goes to the COMCAST ADTRAN

Our Comdial extensions are 3 digits ie: 100, 104, 107, 109 and etc

My question is how hard would it be to migrate from OSDIAL to VICIdial with our equipment and would we end up in the same situation where it does not work. Are we able to make a backup of our T1 card configuration where the ports are configured and then copy them over to say VICIdial

I have a pastebin of the error we get for OSDIAL if you want that too.

If any additional information is needed in regards to converting over to your services since you are a branch of OSDIAL if I am not mistaken from my internet findings/readings please let me know and I will try to get you whatever you need as fast humanly possible.

Thanks for viewing

TLDR:
We have OSDIAL can we migrate configurations over to VICIdial, is VICIdial still in production, HELP PLEASE
scrizo

Re: Questions about VICIdial

Postby mflorell » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:25 pm

You will probably need to find a good consultant to help you adapt your very custom configuration.

Yes, Vicidial is very much still in production. There are tens of thousands of companies using it in production on a daily basis. At Vicihost.com we have hundreds of clients with thousands of agents dialing on our vicidial hosted platform alone every day.

As for transitioning from OSDial to Vicidial, it really depends on what version of OSDial you were using. If it is an earlier one then transition would be easier, if not, then transition will be more difficult. There are several features in OSDial that are done very differently in Vicidial, so those features will not translate(one of those is custom fields).
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby scrizo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:25 pm

We are using version 3.0
scrizo

Postby mflorell » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Since that is the newest version, there will probably be many things that will not transfer. My suggestion would be to start with Vicidial on a new machine and just go config by config and see what can be moved over.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby scrizo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:13 pm

Am I able to make a backup of the dahdi conf file to move it over to vici because we haven't done anything with OSDIAL other than the initial installation and configuring the DAHDI for the sangoma a102 card and the osdial people did the programming for the card
scrizo

Postby williamconley » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:57 am

scrizo wrote:Am I able to make a backup of the dahdi conf file to move it over to vici because we haven't done anything with OSDIAL other than the initial installation and configuring the DAHDI for the sangoma a102 card and the osdial people did the programming for the card

You can use an application called WinSCP to copy any and all folders from that machine to your local hard drive for backup purposes without learning a lot of Linux.

You'll likely want most of the /etc/ folder and the web root, plus anything you know you've specifically altered. Of course, if you KNOW which files you've altered you can just copy them.

If you install with Vicibox (built by Kumba), it's fairly good at configuring cards as long as they are physically installed before the Vicidial installation begins.

However: Your best bet would be to put the existing machine aside, grab a spare computer, and move JUST the telephony card into it. Then installing Vicidial will not break your OSdial. After you get Vicidial working, you can go back and duplicate your effort on the original machine. But not until you are confident that the Vicidial installation worked properly. Another option (if you don't have a spare computer for that process) would be to swap out the HD of the OSdial machine. Then you could just put the original HD back any time and you're back in OSdial business again. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion