Distortion on calls made by Vicidial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Distortion on calls made by Vicidial

Postby muyousif » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi Experts,
I am having one weird issue, when calls are made manually i.e. by dialing from soft phone directly there is no distortion but when calls are made by Vicidial auto dialing then there are many complaints of distortion and Dead on arrivals. I am continually monitoring system load on telephony servers and load doesn't go beyond 50%. I found on vicidial forum sometimes it relates with Kernel frequency so I am giving below the output on my telephony servers...

grep CONFIG_HZ /boot/config-$(uname -r)
# CONFIG_HZ_PERIODIC is not set
# CONFIG_HZ_100 is not set
CONFIG_HZ_250=y
# CONFIG_HZ_300 is not set
# CONFIG_HZ_1000 is not set
CONFIG_HZ=250

Please guide me do I need to change this or I need to use some timing card??
ViciBox v.6.0.3 | VERSION: 2.14-685a BUILD: 180825-2100| Asterisk 1.8.29 | Cluster: 1 DB: 16Core@2.67GHz 16RAM | 1 WEB: 8Core@2.50GHz 16RAM | 8 Tel: QuadCore@2.93GHz 8RAM
muyousif

Re: Distortion on calls made by Vicidial

Postby williamconley » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:17 am

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Since we have no information about your system, version, or hardware ... I'll guess: Manual dialing is going through a different carrier? Or manual dialing happens at a different time of day.

4) Describe the distortion. Robot sounding? Screeching?

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion