INBOUND and IVR

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

INBOUND and IVR

Postby killah » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:31 pm

hi everyone
i read that in internet
"""""""""Each local DID has a monthly fee. You will need at least one trunk (call path) in order for a DID to work. With SIPStation trunks, we offer free calling to the lower 48 U.S. states and Canada. Calls to other locations have per-minute fees as defined in our...( ....)"""""""""""
im gonna make an inbound configuration i have 3questions:

1-did i need a DID number to test an inbound call or i can just choose and randum number like "123456789" for my configuration?

2-should i have a provider VoIP to test the inbound configurartion?

3-what better platform would you suggest me to deploy my inbound,and IVR configuration

thank
killah

Re: INBOUND and IVR

Postby williamconley » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:52 am

1-did i need a DID number to test an inbound call or i can just choose and randum number like "123456789" for my configuration?

While you can send a call between two of your own servers to test inbound, the test isn't really valid until you get a real call from a real telephone. And the number you "choose" will be whatever you purchase from the Telco in question.

2-should i have a provider VoIP to test the inbound configurartion?

Inbound calls are sent to you from your VOIP Carrier/Telco. Without the Telco, there is no way for a call to be routed to your server. So YES you must have a VOIP provider for inbound calls.

3-what better platform would you suggest me to deploy my inbound,and IVR configuration

As I have NO knowledge of your "inbound,and IVR configuration", my general opinion of "Vicidial is the ONLY dialer!!" stands. However, if you do not need outbound automated dialing, you may be better off with FreePBX. There are MANY flavors of FreePBX out there ... lots of installers with their own methods. But in the end, it's still FreePBX.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion