India PBX

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

India PBX

Postby careindia » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:40 am

I want to start Cloud Based EPBX system

Customer calls on a 10 channel Virtual Number ( dedicated per client) and then if anyone calls on that Virtual Number , call will get diverted to Accounts / Sales / Customer Care Department based on user input as 1/2/3.

Any Suggestion on How to do it using Vicidial ?
careindia

Re: India PBX

Postby williamconley » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:29 am

Vicidial + Cloud-based is a bad idea. You need dedicated physical servers for Vicidial. That being said: If your definition of "Cloud based" is "Not in MY office, must be in the cloud!", then all you need to do is lease physical server(s) from someone else. Just be sure the servers are hardware based. Vicidial does not run well at all in a virtual server once you get past a couple phone calls.

FreePBX (which will run virtually) has this functionality, as does pure Asterisk if it's configured properly.

In all cases, your first step is to find an .iso image and install it along with the instructions for that installer. I recommend Vicibox 6.0.4. There's a PDF on the site (Vicibox.com). After that you should have a manual for the actual software. In this case, after installing Vicibox (which provides the environment and installs Vicidial), you would use the Vicidial Manager's Manual. It's available (free) at EFLO.net. Start at page one of the Manager's Manual. Don't skip any pages. By the time you get done, you'll have everything you need and be able to use the Call Menus feature in Vicidial to match your request.

Same thing with FreePBX, except they don't call it "Call Menus", they call it "IVRs".

Happy Hunting 8-)

(PS: I recommend a local installation on a virtual server before going all-out and trying a real install! VMware vSphere is great for this! And also has a free version! But AVOID the "Free trial", that's not the same as the free version! You can also use VirtualBox and/or VMware's workstation software, or even Proxmox.)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby careindia » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:36 am

Thanks Williams.

Any Suggestions on "10 channel Virtual Number ( dedicated per client)" , for India ?
careindia

Postby proper » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:20 pm

careindia wrote:Thanks Williams.

Any Suggestions on "10 channel Virtual Number ( dedicated per client)" , for India ?

I am not sure what you mean by "10 channel" numbers Careindia, but in vicidial, routing like you describe can be done using Menus.

Menus are easy to configure - make a recording that explains all the options and configure each option "1/2/3" to take specific action - like sending call to different number of sending call to campaign on the server or sending it to an extension.

If your staff will be using this server for taking calls then it makes no difference that they are in India.
proper

Postby careindia » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:28 am

Sorry if I confused you all.

My Question was : Virtual Numbers with 10-15 channels are available in "India" for "India" ?
careindia

Return to General Discussion