Predictive dialing calls not landing to agents

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Predictive dialing calls not landing to agents

Postby muyousif » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi experts, I am having one issue, Calls are not landing to agents properly and the dial method is "ratio". My agents keep waiting up to several minutes even I see many calls ringing in real time report of vicidial. I see very less agents in calls than the calls connected as reported by my billing software and ss7 server. Normally there is 30% difference in total connected calls and agents in calls. Any idea about this issue?

VERSION: 2.12-493a
BUILD: 150703-2105
ViciBox v.6.0.3 | VERSION: 2.14-685a BUILD: 180825-2100| Asterisk 1.8.29 | Cluster: 1 DB: 16Core@2.67GHz 16RAM | 1 WEB: 8Core@2.50GHz 16RAM | 8 Tel: QuadCore@2.93GHz 8RAM
muyousif

Re: Predictive dialing calls not landing to agents

Postby proper » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:10 pm

muyousif wrote:Hi experts, I am having one issue, Calls are not landing to agents properly and the dial method is "ratio". My agents keep waiting up to several minutes even I see many calls ringing in real time report of vicidial. I see very less agents in calls than the calls connected as reported by my billing software and ss7 server. Normally there is 30% difference in total connected calls and agents in calls. Any idea about this issue?
VERSION: 2.12-493a
BUILD: 150703-2105

There is just too many things to look at with broad issue like this. Can be server issue, can be leads issue, can be carrier issue and can be configuration issue.

Fastest way to solve the issue is to have someone with experience look at your deployment. But you can start by looking at carrier port, lead statistics, making sure your server is properly maintained(space, error logs etc) and gets restarted , repair your vici database.
proper

Postby muyousif » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Thanks Proper for your detailed reply actually Database is daily checked and repaired nightly, all servers are restarted early in the morning. I am continually monitoring server loads and looks quite fine. One Database server with three telephony server with almost 100 agents and dialing ratio is 2. I am also part of carrier so at the same time I see carrier server and vicidial, Calls connected at "carrier server" are always 10 to 15 calls more than the calls "connected" shown by vicidial (agent in calls + calls waiting for agents). There are two more issues reported by the agents with this issue

1. Sometimes called number is not shown on the agent page when agent is in live call.
2. Caller or lead information in live call is shown after "10 to 20" seconds being in call.

Any idea?
ViciBox v.6.0.3 | VERSION: 2.14-685a BUILD: 180825-2100| Asterisk 1.8.29 | Cluster: 1 DB: 16Core@2.67GHz 16RAM | 1 WEB: 8Core@2.50GHz 16RAM | 8 Tel: QuadCore@2.93GHz 8RAM
muyousif

Postby proper » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:14 pm

muyousif wrote:Thanks Proper for your detailed reply actually Database is daily checked and repaired nightly, all servers are restarted early in the morning. I am continually monitoring server loads and looks quite fine. One Database server with three telephony server with almost 100 agents and dialing ratio is 2. I am also part of carrier so at the same time I see carrier server and vicidial, Calls connected at "carrier server" are always 10 to 15 calls more than the calls "connected" shown by vicidial (agent in calls + calls waiting for agents). There are two more issues reported by the agents with this issue

1. Sometimes called number is not shown on the agent page when agent is in live call.
2. Caller or lead information in live call is shown after "10 to 20" seconds being in call.

Any idea?

Delays like that almost always indicate high load on DB server. Delays in pulling information are just visible issues, but there are likely bigger issues going on under the hood, if database is overloaded.
Do you run archive process for your log tables?
What is the record count or size, of your database and specifically log tables?
Is your web server on same server as DB?

Large volume deployments need considerations with database architecture-
1) Controlling size of your database key tables.
2) Properly configuring database itself for types of queries that are most demanding in vicidial
3) Making sure server configurations like "open file limits" do not inhibit DB performance.
4) Getting appropriate hardware for Mysql deployment, and scaling with replication systems if necessary

Fist thing to check is ram consumption on DB server. It could be just running out and "swapping".
If database is just large - millions of records in log tables, or millions of records in leads - then you need to work on a plan to maintain that. Logs need to be archived, leads can be shifted of managed otherwise.

Let me know what you discover.
proper

Return to General Discussion