Recovering deleted lists

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Recovering deleted lists

Postby moj.aicom » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi,
Is it possible to recover deleted lists?
I had downloaded and deleted list 100, and when I tried to search for a certain lead, it was included on the list that I had deleted.
Is there by any chance I can recover the list that I had deleted on the server?

Thank you.
moj.aicom

Re: Recovering deleted lists

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:11 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) This is obviously not a "General Discussion" question, it's a "Support" question. I'll be moving the post accordingly. Tsk. LOL

4) MySQL does not have an Undelete. Vicidial uses the mysql delete function, so you're stuck there (SugarCRM and many other apps don't really delete ... they change a field named deleted to "Y" and then ignore the entry from that point forward. Not Vicidial. Bummer.)

5) MySQL does, however, have backup functionality and binary logs. If you have backups running (which we do automatically on all servers *we* build for clients), you can restore yesterday's backup into a junk database, extract your list, and delete the junk DB and you're done. If you don't have daily backup configured ... you could attempt the binary logs, but this is a tricky scenario (and you should unquestionably get a solid backup before you begin ...).

6) Why on Earth would you delete a list? Please tell me it's not because you were going to re-upload it later and you wanted to avoid dupes. I've got a long speech on that topic.

7) Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby boybawang » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:33 pm

yes it is possible to recover deleted lists if you deleted them from the vicidial interface, you have to go inside the asterisk database on the mysql server and look for the table vicidial_list and you can recover those deleted list
Vicidial Installation + Configuration + Support + Custom Development
Download my ebook on installing vicidial for free http://download.vicidial.com/ubuntu/VIC ... 100331.pdf
m: +639172063730
boybawang

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:41 pm

boybawang wrote:yes it is possible to recover deleted lists if you deleted them from the vicidial interface, you have to go inside the asterisk database on the mysql server and look for the table vicidial_list and you can recover those deleted list

? I believe you're mistaken. The table "vicidial_list" contains leads, and once those are deleted by deletion of the list, the leads are gone. There is no recovery method.

Have you tested your suggestion?
williamconley

Postby moj.aicom » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:31 pm

Hi,
Sorry for that, as you can see I'm new.
Well, I'm not sure if this will help. Here is our current info server:

Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-36-generic x86_64)
Asterisk 1.4.39

on the webportal it says:
Version 2.6-392a
BUILD 130102.1135

I'm sorry but this is the only info that I have, as I'm not familiar on how to check the version of our Vicidial.
Somebody just installed it. We are using eyebeam softphone version 1.5.13.
It was being accidentally deleted after he downloaded the lists.

Sorry for this, as we are not very familiar with this.

Thank you.
moj.aicom

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:19 pm

That was a very good job of posting your Vicidial Version with Build. And the OS version is good. The only thing missing is the installation method, and if you did not install it .. well, you probably don't have that. LOL

These hints are just meant to help us get you whatever help you need (and anyone bumping into this conversation in the future as well, of course).

My Advice: Download Vicibox.com's .iso installer for Vicidial and install it on a "spare" box somewhere. It'll do two things for you: 1) remove the "mystery" surrounding the installation of Vicidial (Vicibox is the best installation method) and (2) give you a nice sandbox/practice server to "do stuff" in. Eventually it could become a backup server (for emergencies?) or perhaps even a replacement server. 8-)
williamconley

Return to General Discussion