How to install vicibox remotely

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to install vicibox remotely

Postby rosnlama001 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:53 am

Hi,,guys this is to inform you that usually vicibox run on Linux SUSE,so I want to install it remotely using vnc but i can't.
but whenever I am going to install CentOS that smoothly install using vnc,as far I think there is a OS platform issue,I want to just is there any way to do so ?
guys I very much need your help plz reply me.
rosnlama001

Re: How to install vicibox remotely

Postby williamconley » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Accessing a server via VNC requires that the server already have an OS on it. Which pretty much means it's impossible to install an OS via VNC. I'm not entirely certain how you "installed CentOS via VNC" in the past, but I'd certainly love to see a link showing how you did it. (If you could see my face, you'd see "incredulity" 8-) )

That being said: There are some remote access systems available from various manufacturers that allow Remote KVM access. An example is a DRAC card (Dell's remote access method). These come with challenges and some work better than others ... but if you can get someone to locally plop in the .iso image CD, it usually works out fairly well (if your server has a DRAC or other Remote Access method, of course).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion