Spanish translation

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Spanish translation

Postby mtancoff » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:40 pm

Matt thanx for you support. We are working on a new translation of agent interface, since the spanish available rigth now looks like made from an automatic tool.

I know there is around a tool for the internalization of the astguiclient, and that tool is suposed to create new AGIS. Is that tool available?

I promise to feedback the new interface, as like some other tools that we are developings (Web Recodings lookup, downloading y listening)

Saludos!
mtancoff

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:09 pm

That would be great. take a look at this page for instrunctions on our internationalization:
http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALwiki/index. ... anslations

As for the translations, they do not touch the AGI files. The translation perl script uses UTF8 and several other perl modules to convert the phrases of text in the PHP scripts from english to another language. If you really want to try to get it working it is the build_translation_www_files.pl script in the SVN 2-X trunk.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mtancoff » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:54 pm

Ok we are almost done with the translation, we´ve done all image-button again, and finished the .txt files.

What perl modules should I install to get build_translation_www_files.pl working.

Do you have a small how-to on file locations, etc?

Thanx!
mtancoff

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:52 pm

It's been about a year since I installed it. Just go through the script and everrywhere you see a "use XXXX" then install that perl module. I remember I had to upgrade my perl build in order to install a few of the modules.

You could also send me the es_language.txt file and I can turn it around pretty fast.

Did you do the admin translation too?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mtancoff » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:01 pm

Yes we Did the admin translation, but didn´t touch the "Call times" option yet.

How do I send you the files? I´m sending you the .txt files and .GIF with new buttons, we made those again too.

We should try how new translation will look-like, since the string-lengths can differ
mtancoff

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:06 pm

just email them to vicidial -at- gmail.com and I can send converted files back to you in an hour or two.

Make sure that your txt files are in UTF8 format.

Thanks.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mtancoff » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:28 pm

We got it working!!!

I´m sending you everything anyway.

Oh men it´s a release not seeing anymore the banner "Dial del cliente del parque", wich has no sense at all.
mtancoff

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:40 pm

Thank you very much for your work. Contributions like this are what make the project better.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mtancoff » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:43 pm

We found couple of minor details. I guess we are finishing in a little while, send you the files when I get the job done.

Comments: .TXT files are translated. Fixed Vicidial buttons, but no astguiclient buttons.
mtancoff

interface spanish translation

Postby seaq » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:39 am

mtancoff

how are you?

we've been working with Matt to translate Agent and Manager manuals to spanish

At this time we are double checking the translation already made with the interface translation.

We have noticed how bad the interface translation is and started to make a new translation until we found your message.

So, can you send us the translation work you have done? just sent it to Matt so he can send it to us.

Thanks a lot for your help
Andres Mujica
RHCE Linux Consultant

SEAQ SERVICIOS CIA LTDA
www.seaq.com.co
seaq

Postby mflorell » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:57 pm

If I do not receive any updated translation files by 12 noon tomorrow it will not be included in the 2.0.1 release. Please send me whatever you have as soon as you can.

Thanks.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kchung » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:05 pm

Does this mean 2.x will be released tomorrow?!
kchung

Postby mflorell » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:23 pm

I'm trying for Friday depending on how my day goes tomorrow. A lot goes into a release including updating of documentation, testing and retesting of new features along with the building of the 9 language builds that we do. There area also the websites that need to be updated along with the demo admin pages on the project site that need to be updated.

The core software of the official 2.0.1 release will be almost identical to the 2.0.1b2 release except for a few small changes to the CLI lead loader and many changes to the documentation.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion