Agent alert

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Agent alert

Postby ClearCall » Wed May 11, 2016 10:29 am

I would like to have kind of a combination of Welcome Message and Agent Alert. Basically, I want the call to be passed to an agent and have both the caller and the agent hear a message like "You are being connected now." This would give the agent enough time to un-mute his/her mic and be ready for the call without the caller hearing silence and wondering if the call got disconnected or not. I tried adding the name of an audio file to Agent Alert Filename and setting the Agent Alert Delay to 0 or 1, but neither the caller nor the agent heard anything. If I click Play in the Audio Store I can hear the audio.
I know the agents could just leave the mics unmuted, but then you run the risk of a caller hearing side-talking which realistically cannot be eliminated.
Any suggestions?
VERSION: 2.14-620a BUILD: 170623-2142
Asterisk: 1.8.32.0-vici
Installed from Vicibox iso.
Vicibox Redux Ver 6.0.2-140825
Open Suse Leap 42.3
ClearCall

Re: Agent alert

Postby williamconley » Wed May 11, 2016 10:34 am

Play in the audio store means ONLY that your Web Browser can play the audio. This in NO way means Asterisk can play the audio file through the telephone.

Have a look at your Asterisk CLI and see what that says about playing the audio file. And of course ensure that you met the exact criteria for the file format listed in the audio store. Or pay someone to convert the file. We like to use Audacity (free and works very well).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion