Hardware Requirement for 200 Agents

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Hardware Requirement for 200 Agents

Postby HariKrishna » Mon May 16, 2016 7:35 am

Hi Team

My client requires a server with 200 Agents to be logged with outbound dialing with 8 PRI lines to be connected to PRI Gateway
Require your suggestion for which hardware to choose

Regards
HariKrishna
HariKrishna

Re: Hardware Requirement for 200 Agents

Postby williamconley » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:09 pm

200 agents + no Vicidial experience = disaster waiting to happen.

Call The Vicidial Group now before something bad happens. Or you can call PoundTeam, of course, we like customers, too ... but The Vicidial Group built and owns this software project and are undeniably the best at major system rollouts without potholes.

Note that 'agent count' (while relevant) is NOT the only major factor.

What if you are dialing 80:1 ratio of lines to agents for a Press One Survey campaign? That's a lot of lines. Or what if you're dialing manually on a 1:1 business to business campaign? That's ... not a lot of lines. One could require a 15 server cluster. The other ... perhaps a single powerful server or 2 to 3 normal servers (with a bit of redundancy). Are you recording all calls?

Also PRI lines/PRI gateway could be interpreted differently by different people.

How many lines per PRI? Is the PRI -> PC card in the gateway already? Or can you bounce signal through the gateway to use a generic PRI card in the PC? We prefer to have the Telephony Hardware (if any) completely segregated from the Vicidial hardware. This allows any and all Vicidial equipment to be replaced at will without involving special hardware. Vicidial kills hard drives. Upgrades happen. Unusual circumstances occur. If you can put the Telephone hardware in a completely separate box with "just asterisk" running and never touch it again ... life tends to stay less complicated. Since Vicidial does not require any special hardware, just a powerful PC with fast networking, it's good to avoid requiring specialized hardware when/where possible. (And good backups.)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:24 pm

What William said :)

I was troubled by the line that said they need "a server" to handle 200 agents. You need a cluster of servers to handle that number of agents. But we at the Vicidial Group can certainly help you out with that.

http://www.vicidial.com
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:58 pm

I honestly expected that result: I have a client who has 200 "manual dial" agents on a Powerful server ... manual dialing. Since that's only 200 calls "MAX" at any given moment in time ... no adapt (heck, not even 'ratio') ... and he doesn't record calls ... he claims to have no problems at all. I've not seen it in full swing, however, so I can't render an absolute opinion

Just passing on the "realm" of 1 to 15 servers as the widest possible range. Point of the concept was that agent count is not enough to go by. And individual use ... well, "some settling may occur". *)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion