Reports - How does ViciDial determine a voice message failed

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Reports - How does ViciDial determine a voice message failed

Postby sandstone » Wed May 25, 2016 8:51 am

VERSION: 2.11-476a | BUILD: 150302-0945 | All-in-one | Scratch install with no additions

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this this forum and fairly new to ViciDial. I have configured ViciDial to use the Transfer Conference/vm method for leaving a voice recording when an agent reaches a answering machine during an outbound call. Agents then disposition the call with a 'voicemail' disposition. When we pull the campaigns reports we find that some of our vm calls have been marked by the system as ALS while others are marked as 'voicemail'. By listening to recordings we determined that those calls that are marked 'voicemail' actually failed, while those the system marked as 'ALS' were successful at leaving the recorded message. My question is: How does ViciDial determine if the recording was successful or not? How accurate is ViciDials determination?
sandstone

Re: Reports - How does ViciDial determine a voice message fa

Postby mflorell » Wed May 25, 2016 8:58 am

"ALS' is not an automatic status, so I have no idea where that came from.

As for voicemail, there is really no way to validate since the Asterisk voicemail system is not part of Vicidial, Vicidial only knows that a call went there, not that it succeeded or failed in leaving a valid voicemail.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby sandstone » Wed May 25, 2016 9:09 am

Thank you for your very quick response!

I've checked all dispo statuses as well as statuses setup in system and ALS is not among them, thus I determined that it was being marked as ALS automatically. Is there a way that I could determine where/why the ALS status is being reported?
sandstone

Postby mflorell » Wed May 25, 2016 9:16 am

"AL" is a default status, but I can't find "ALS" in the code anywhere.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion