VICIdial and Sangoma Lyra ring back tone

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VICIdial and Sangoma Lyra ring back tone

Postby kajana » Fri May 27, 2016 2:50 am

Hi all,

While testing VICIdial and Sangoma Lyra setup, couldn't find a way to detect ring back tone.
So, after 183 pregress SIP message, Lyra gets ring back tone. I'd like to detect it and notify to VICIdial . (send Specific SIP message with 'CPD-Result : ringing' or something like this.)
The main problem is catching an event on VICIdial, when Lyra gets ring back tone.
Can I achive this via Lyra? are there any other CPA's I can use instead ?

Thanks.
kajana

Re: VICIdial and Sangoma Lyra ring back tone

Postby mflorell » Fri May 27, 2016 5:53 am

My understanding is the CPD will only send a result when it's done processing the call. If it were capable of doing what you wanted it to do, I don't know how Vicidial would handle that information anyway, since the way the integration works would not allow for inputs before the final result is processed. I other words, it would take a lot of work and testing to get it to do what you want it to do, if CPD were even capable of sending multiple stage messages.

As for other call progress detection packages, Lumenvox has one, but it is very different from Sangoma's CPD, and we never had a client willing to sponsor development to integrate it with Vicidial.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Fri May 27, 2016 10:00 am

kajana wrote:Hi all,

While testing VICIdial and Sangoma Lyra setup, couldn't find a way to detect ring back tone.
So, after 183 pregress SIP message, Lyra gets ring back tone. I'd like to detect it and notify to VICIdial . (send Specific SIP message with 'CPD-Result : ringing' or something like this.)
The main problem is catching an event on VICIdial, when Lyra gets ring back tone.
Can I achive this via Lyra? are there any other CPA's I can use instead ?

Thanks.

What do you want to do with this information? Why would you want to perform an action based on "it has progressed to ringing"? Note that this does not actually mean a phone is ringing in many cases, since often the ring tone precedes a "disconnected number" result (which can happen as late as 45 seconds after dial).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby kajana » Sat May 28, 2016 2:37 am

williamconley wrote:What do you want to do with this information? Why would you want to perform an action based on "it has progressed to ringing"? Note that this does not actually mean a phone is ringing in many cases, since often the ring tone precedes a "disconnected number" result (which can happen as late as 45 seconds after dial).

It means 'phone is ringing' for many my target numbers.

So, my goal is to catch 'destination phone is ringing' event.
I would be thankfull if you can give me any direction on this problem. May be I'm using wrong protocol(SIP)? Use instead H.323, SS7 or anythig else? Or make interconnection to 'good enough' telcos?

Thanks.
kajana

Postby williamconley » Sat May 28, 2016 11:27 am

Your goal is not to catch the event. Catching the events is a tool you intend to use for doing something else. What is it you intend to do with this information once you have it.
williamconley

Postby kajana » Sun May 29, 2016 12:15 am

williamconley wrote:Your goal is not to catch the event. Catching the events is a tool you intend to use for doing something else. What is it you intend to do with this information once you have it.

Hi williamconley,

My goal is notify my customers to call my hotline number back(after they see missed call).
kajana

Postby williamconley » Sun May 29, 2016 12:23 am

How is that related to "ringing" as opposed to "dialed but not yet answered"?
williamconley

Postby kajana » Sun May 29, 2016 3:37 am

What I'm trying to do is initiate calls to my customers. Whenever I catch a 'ringing' event, I've to hang up the call, because I don't want users to answer my calls(to avoid charging).
Whenever they get 'missed call' from my hot line number, they know that there is some new information and they can call back and listen it.
kajana

Postby williamconley » Sun May 29, 2016 3:48 am

That's more like it. Honesty.

1) That's Illegal. You must ring the phone for 15 seconds according to the FCC rules.
2) Call progress does not technically indicate actual ringing of a phone.

If your goal is to generate a CID on a phone (with permission of the person you are calling, of course, to avoid breaking the law) while not incurring a cost ... you'll eventually annoy your carrier (who isn't charging you even though you're using their equipment to make lots of fake phone calls). All that being said: the call progress indication of ringing should be passed back to your server, but Vicidial will not take any action based on this happening. An Asterisk AGI script could probably be written to trigger during this phase to kill the call, but Vicidial can't do anything until the call is Answered or Terminated (by design: The Campaign Routing Extension is activated upon Answer ... if there's never an answer, the last thing that happens is "Dial" and nothing else ever happens (except of course the timeout portion of the dial command which kills the call if it's triggered).
williamconley

Return to General Discussion