Something is wrong

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Something is wrong

Postby giusepperibbiano » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:49 am

Hello all,
first things first. This forum has saved my life more than Fleming saved umanity :)
i run Vicidial for my call center and for partners.
The thing is this, i always used to work with vicibox 4.0.0(or 4.0.3, always preload iso-s) with updated svn for every instalation. asterisk 1.4,suse 12. old stuff, but goooood stuff.
never had problems. well sometime hdd breaks :P but i gues is nobodys fault.

than a took this wonderfull server. 2xquads (16threads) , 16ram. raid1 (2x125gb) SSD. i thought: "is time to move forward, so lets install vicibox 6.0.4. i was very happy about that. it has to keep alive something like 25 agents whith 6-9 adapt-tapered-ratio.
Here comes the nightmare. over 20 agents the server started to go crazy. at some point i was having only errors and warnings.
1) Unable to write to alert pipe on IAX2/127.0.0.1:41569-9628 (qlen = 77): Resource temporarily - a lot of them
2) exceptionally long voice queue length queuing to iax2 - a lot
3) timeout reached on 60 sec.

when i looked on sip show channels it gave me more calls than channels. i was forced to work a week like that, and at the first sunday BOOOOOM. installed back the old mighty vicibox 4.0.0 and everything is fine. now i have logged in 35 agents and averything works like a charm.
is the same machine, same ratio, same everything...
so my question is simple:
Why? Why in the same conditions vicibox 4 works much better than vicibox 6?

last thing, same isuee in other places. same problems in 3 other colleagues call centers.

Architecture: i686
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 16
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-15
Thread(s) per core: 2
Core(s) per socket: 4
Socket(s): 2
NUMA node(s): 2
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
CPU family: 6
Model: 44
Stepping: 2
CPU MHz: 1596.000
BogoMIPS: 4800.18
Virtualization: VT-x
L1d cache: 32K
L1i cache: 32K
L2 cache: 256K
L3 cache: 12288K
NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0-3,8-11
NUMA node1 CPU(s): 4-7,12-15

(raid1 2x125gb SSD)
/dev/sda1:
Timing O_DIRECT disk reads: 874 MB in 3.00 seconds = 291.02 MB/sec

RAM: 4 x 4GB DDR3 ECC.

VERSION: 2.12-559a
BUILD: 160611-2230

SVN Version: 2548
giusepperibbiano

Re: Something is wrong

Postby williamconley » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:59 pm

Since we can't troubleshoot any of the problems (you rebuilt the system), there's no way to find out what you did wrong to cause all that (LOL). Vicibox 5 was better than 4. 6 was better than 5. 7 is better than 6.

Summary: You did not troubleshoot the problems one at a time when they were occurring. Now the system can not be fixed because it's gone. Given the odds, you had a slight misconfiguration issue (or three?) or perhaps a networking problem ... or any one of several hundred other things. Did you import or restore any settings? If so, note that settings from Vicibox 4 are not upgrade compatible with Vicibox 6. So bring the "data" along for the ride, but the configuration settings should be from the new system, along with modification of the admin->servers settings to be sure they match the physical server: especially the asterisk version (which is not the same from one Vicibox to the next in many cases)!

But if it's working ... who cares, right? LOL

Next time:
1) Never subject a post "something is wrong" or I'll send a baby over to your office to cry all day, as you deserve it.
2) Approach each problem one at a time and solve each one. If you get lucky, one symptom may lead you to a fix for others.
3) Don't wait until after you've rebuilt the server to ask what was wrong with the old one. Have you ever gone to a mechanic and asked him to diagnose the problem on the car you sold last month?
4) Try Vicibox 7.0.3. You may like it.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

adapt tapered not working

Postby mahranov » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi ,
When i use auto dial level adapt tapered in outbound campain and i choose maximum dial level 7 .
The dial not working and ratio not changed is fixed to 1 .
You can help me . how to use adapt tapered and working.
mahranov

Return to General Discussion