Asterisk version

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Asterisk version

Postby Nathan1984 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:44 pm

I am trying to find out the asterisk version of vicidial that I am using. I am rather new to this so I am not 100% sure how to do it. I read to enter asterisk -r on root prompt, but I am not sure how to pull up or where to find the root prompt.

Can someone please let me know how to pull this up so I can check my version of asterisk?

Thanks
Nathan1984

Re: Asterisk version

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:17 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) To directly answer your question:
* Download this file: https://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/la ... /putty.exe (which is available on this page, if you want more information: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgta ... nload.html)
* The application is called "PuTTY" it's a remote console for linux. It uses the ssh protocol to simulate having the command line on your server without going to the server.
* Using Putty, you'll access the server by entering the IP address or Domain name, then clicking "open".
* Next you'll need the login name: "root"
* Next you'll need the password: You'd better have this because if you don't, you're not going to enjoy this tutorial at all.

If you did all that correctly, you now have the command line of your server's Linux OS in a window on your desktop.

And you may now enter "Asterisk -V" to get the version without entering the Asterisk Command line. If you enter "asterisk -r" or "asterisk -R" instead, you'll get a Remote Command Line for asterisk, and you'll need to enter "exit" to get back to the Linux (OS) command line. And then you can enter "exit" again to close the PuTTY console and you're done. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Nathan1984 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:33 am

Ok got it. Thanks a bunch.
Nathan1984

Postby williamconley » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:12 am

I remember being new here.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation