user extension

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

user extension

Postby Nathan1984 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:26 pm

VERSION: 2.8-421a
BUILD: 140108-0752

Not sure if that is correct this is only my second topic on here. Please let me know if I need to fix that.

My question is regarding extensions. I have 10 agents and I want them to do everything through vicidial. They are set up on autodial campaign and they can make manual calls out through the vicidial. I am trying to find out if I can assign an extension to each user so that when a client calls them back they do not have to get off the vicidial and answer the actual phone. I would like to record the information on all the calls that come in and go out. Is adding user extensions for incoming calls possible?
Nathan1984

Re: user extension

Postby striker » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:59 am

you have to look into the ingroup option available in vicidial.

1. create ingroup
2. create DID and point to ingroup
3. create Blended Campaign ( able to handle both inbound and outbound)
4. enable recording in Campaign as well in the DID created in step 2 , so all calls will be recorded
www.striker24x7.com www.youtube.com/c/striker24x7 Telegram/skype id : striker24x7
striker

Re: user extension

Postby williamconley » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:12 pm

The Agentdirect ingroup (which is a pre-built) is designed to allow direct access to agents, and this can be done through a Call Menu or Operator Transfer directly to the agent with failover to their "non-logged in" agent phone (if they are not logged in) and then to VM.

I'm pretty sure this configuration is detailed in the Vicidial Manager's Manual (even the Free version, although there's lots of stuff like this in the Paid version ... an extra couple hundred pages worth).

Of course, the AGENTDIRECT Ingroup would then need to be selected as both Ingroup and Transfer group on all campaigns, and all agents would need to log into that during login (and trained in the method to send a call to a specific agent when someone wants to talk to that agent, in addition to the operator being trained).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion