Cost Effective SIP Provider For Short Term (Dialer) Traffic

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Cost Effective SIP Provider For Short Term (Dialer) Traffic

Postby velocityvoice » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:52 am

Hello-

I have a provider that I use for my main hosted PBX endpoints for customers that has worked fine, but since I stood up a Vicidial server I have been getting hammered in terms of cost because they require you to use their dialer rate deck (which is obviously more expensive) if they notice short term traffic patterns coming from your endpoint (average caller duration is shorter than 60 secs, among other criteria). If you don't use their dialer rate deck and your traffic patterns are showing to be short term type traffic, they hit you for a bunch of surcharge fees (1-2 cents per call). Basically, my Vicidial server has cost me $90 in minute usage fees over the last week for 3300 minutes (15k calls).

Can anyone suggest a decent SIP provider that has cost effective rates for dialer type traffic such as Vicidial for us to use? I would really appreciate it, as my current provider is obviously not cost effective for a Vicidial server.

Thanks!
velocityvoice

Re: Cost Effective SIP Provider For Short Term (Dialer) Traf

Postby williamconley » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:11 pm

Let's be clear: You did NOT post the carrier you are using, but you want others to share the carrier they are using? 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby velocityvoice » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:22 pm

Didn't realize this was such a secret lol... I use VoIP Innovations for now because of their back office feature, but their prices for dialer traffic are ridiculous.
velocityvoice

Postby williamconley » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:36 am

Which deck are you on? They have several, and the "cool sounding" ones are more expensive (not less) because they connect all calls instead of the general aggregate call concept (which is "we don't guarantee connection").

That being said: If you were a customer, I'd be able to share a lead or two with you, but I'm prohibited from tossing names out since (as you asserted) this information is useful for profitability and oddly enough few rooms care to share their sources for fear of helping their competition.

We share with clients who share with US the results of their experiences so we can maintain a "good" vs "debatable" vs "crappy" standing for future references.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mattyou1985 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:07 pm

mattyou1985

Postby teleinx » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 pm

velocityvoice - Ping me if you like dialer termination. We offer NPA NXX rates and Flat rate @ $0.0065 per minute and yes, it connects all the calls without "cool" sounding name :lol:
VoIP carrier spesilizing in vici dial.
Outboud VoIP Termination | Inboud VoIP Origination | Carrier Data Services
teleinx

Return to General Discussion