ATTEMPT DELAY

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ATTEMPT DELAY

Postby DuarteX » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi I'm Running as limited adminitrator in my company, and I enable the ATTEMPT DELAY on for all the Answering Machines and set up next attempt delay every 4 hours.

Now it's working fine but I want to know what's going on for all the lead's reciclyng when the callcenter is out of operational hours
we work from 9 — 20

Example, what happend with all the attemps we dial starting at 17 hours?

Call Time Next Dial Time
17 21
18 22
19 23
20 24

These calls, only go to the begining of list?
DuarteX

Re: ATTEMPT DELAY

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:15 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) DO NOT use lead recycling for anything past a few minutes. Normally more like 120 seconds max. It's designed to call back a busy number when it's no longer busy. It's not a "callback scheduler".

4) You should be dialing through your entire list and then resetting it and dialing through the entire list again. Micromanaging the lead list is one way to waste a good deal of energy with no return. Answering machines should not be scheduled for callback any differently than any other disposition.

5) The script that controls the lead recycle will very often collide with the list reset and other activities if you stretch beyond the suggested limits. You can end up calling someone back right after they called you to say "NEVER CALL ME AGAIN! I WILL SUE YOU!" *Poof* lead recycle then kicks in a few minutes or hours later and the call happens and you get sued. If it's just one or two minutes, the odds on that happening drop drastically. If a couple minutes is too short ... you should be dialing the list in its entirety and then resetting it and dialing again. That's actually why there's a list reset button. Really.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion