French regulations for answering machine detection

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

French regulations for answering machine detection

Postby okli » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:01 am

Hi,

We are looking to use a Vicidial installation for dialling into France using our Sangoma CPA/CPD kit to enable answering machine detection.

Does anyone have any experience dialling within France, specifically around answer machine detection and any regulations around its use, i.e. maximum allowed detection time (post connect timeout), does detection timeout starts when phone is answered or when customer starts talking etc.

Thanks in advance
okli

Re: French regulations for answering machine detection

Postby williamconley » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:15 pm

AFAIK: Worldwide if a call center is using AMD, the AMD portion of the call is NOT regulated any differently than the rest of the call.

So: If you have X seconds to get a Live agent on the phone without AMD, you have the same amount of time WITH AMD, and that loss of time due to AMD suddenly becomes very important.

If you are inquiring about the technicalities of actually detecting Answering Machines in one country vs another, there is no difference of which I've ever heard. Answering machines are the same all over: There is NO code/tone/etc that actually signals "machine!". The system listens to two seconds of "sound" and decides based on the AMD script's logic "machine vs human".

Then some settings in AMD will optionally (if you activated the feature) wait for silence before leaving a message. But the AMD portion happens when the call answers, and take two seconds to "decide". I've heard that Sangoma is different in this regard, but I'm not convinced that it is. And I've installed it for several customers. I'd love it if someone were to prove me wrong, of course.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion