Can i use multiple VIcibox express instalations for one call

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Postby henri123 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:38 pm

i have a callcenter that until now needed only one vicibox express server ,now we are expanding and the need for a new server is a must.im not familiar with the vicibox cluster installation so im asking can i add another vicibox express server ?.thank u in advance
henri123

Re: Can i use multiple VIcibox express instalations for one

Postby mattyou1985 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:44 am

ill try to put this a plan as possible

as long as with in your rooter you can set up Port Triggering and open 5060 udp and 5061 udp
no DMZ
no Port Forwarding apart from 80 with roots to my server for http

1 server then can handal 20 agents an then just get the other 20 agents to conect to the other server

then you can have 2 pbx's running (vicibox) as long as both are on difrent ip's (statick) then all should be fine....

or set up 3 vicibox 2 for the agents 1 for all calls point dmz to it and Port Forwarding

server for calls then conect to carrier and set up 2 softphones then with the setup info of the phones

add them as carrier info to the agents server's 1 phone for each server then agets servers can handel the agents withs the calling server maks all the calls

then when needed add more phones and add more servers

thir could be other ways of dowing it that are more complex but i like simples :)

an allways IPlock all server's DGG is a good start

ive got to admit it took me a week to figer it out but i maniged to set up a vicibox and a freepbx both using same carrier
mattyou1985

Postby RandalllTom » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:33 am

Thanks guys Ill take that as a"no" then. BTW what is the science behind the recommendations - apart from it doesnt work?
http://seofabryka.com
RandalllTom

Re: Can i use multiple VIcibox express instalations for one

Postby mflorell » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:45 am

You don't have to be familiar with VICIbox cluster install, it will do that for you. Just use the standard VICIbox installation ISO and point it to your existing VICIbox install as the database when the install prompts you for that information. It's really pretty easy.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion