Custom Scritp from Vicidial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Custom Scritp from Vicidial

Postby macaruchi » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:04 am

Hi!
I am a newbie using VD I am come from Avaya Dialer PDS and in this device I had an API to control everything about the call. The PDS send the whole lead so we did the script interactive as we wished.
I am trying to get the same behaviour but I dont know where I must begin.
For example:

Dialer---> AgentScript --> DB

I want to PDS send the lead to the agent where it sends the call so in this point the script show up I get information using the script and whole lead, modify this info and get new info , save to my DB .
With Avaya I can control whole call and disposition when I disposiotioned the call the agent back available. Can i get this behavior with vicidial? NOw I am using the script but it is so limited for my company, I have programmers with change anything just address me to rigth direction.

TIA
*------------------
ViciBox 7.0.4 | Version:2.14-704a | SVN Version: 3078| DB Schema Version:1566| BUILD: 190312-0928 | 2 Processors 8 Core | 32 GB Ram | 1 Tera HD
macaruchi

Re: Custom Scritp from Vicidial

Postby mflorell » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:12 pm

You need to provide more details about exactly what you are trying to do. Your description is too vague.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Custom Scritp from Vicidial

Postby williamconley » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:36 am

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Vicidial has a module called "Scripts" which has the ability to pop up HTML in a pane on the agent screen when a call begins. This script can have any information from the lead in it.

4) Vicidial has another module for custom fields which allows a "form" tab to show the lead information and custom fields in the order you desire, and this Form tab has the ability to save to the Vicidial Database upon termination of the call.

5) Vicidial has several options in the Detail view of the Campaign settings that allow for information to be sent to any other web page. The information sent can include anything about the call from the prospect phone/address to the Agent's password and the conference room. This information can be sent by a button press of the agent (web form) or at the beginning or end of a call (start call url, no-agent call url, dispo url).

6) Vicidial also has a Robust API for both agent interaction (capable of controlling the call and mimicking agent button presses) and a non-agent api for modifying leads, campaigns, and other settings in vicidial.

Documentation for all this is in the Vicidial Managers Manual, mentioned above, and in the /usr/src/astguiclient/docs folder (for the api and non-agent api, but also lots of other functions). There are also scripts, both example and already functional, in /usr/share/astguiclient and /srv/www/htdocs/agc or /vicidial.

7) Happy Hunting! 8-)

PS: If you're using Avaya, I have a special recommendation for you that will likely get you excited: First, get a paid copy of the Manager's Manual. It has a LOT more information in it and you sound like someone who will drool while reading it and decide avaya sucks. Second: Get a virtual Vicidial server running immediately. Download the .iso installer from Vicibox.com, follow the PDF instructions for installation. Use the STANDARD installer, not the Express. After installation, start at page ONE of the Manager's Manual and don't skip any pages until you have a fully functional system. Snapshot along the way so you can go back and fix anything with which you may choose to experiment. Virtual Vicidial is ONLY good for one agent, but excellent for testing, development, and demonstration of "Proof of Concept" to Upper Management ... Once you get approval. Take a step back and go through that install again. Do it ten times, it's free. By the 3rd or 4th install, you'll understand what I mean. It's NOT a difficult installation, even for clustering, and not fearing the install imbues you with a certain power that allows a much more involved installation.

IF the cluster will be huge, be sure to consult with The Vicidial Group or another Vicidial Professional with Large System Deployment experience before deployment. Arguably before purchase orders go out. There are pitfalls and Best Practices for huge systems (over 100 agent, probably, over 200 agents, Definitely). Vicidial can be implemented for pennies on the dollar compared to Avaya. But mistakes still cost money, right?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion