Cloud based Vicidial System

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Cloud based Vicidial System

Postby InoTech3D » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:51 pm

My partner and I are looking for a cloud hosting solution which will give us complete access to the database, just like if we were running a server at our location. I'm not interested in places like ViciHost because you only have limited admin page access and no database access. I need to be able to have complete control of the dialer once it is up and running but would need some help getting it setup.

Would the Amazon cloud servers be of any use? Could I install on them and run the dialer through them?

Any help is much appreciated!!
InoTech3D

Re: Cloud based Vicidial System

Postby mflorell » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:04 am

There are a lot of colocation facilities that will lease you servers, and many of them will let you install VICIbox on them. Have you tried any of them yet?

As for VICIhost, we do give the option of direct database MySQL access if you pay for a dedicated database server. We have several clients that do that.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby InoTech3D » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:27 am

How much is a dedicated server?
InoTech3D

Postby mflorell » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:30 am

It depends on the size of system you need. You should contact us as the Vicidial Group to go over your requirements: http://www.vicihost.com/?page_id=7
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:47 pm

We offer direct database access on all servers as long as you accept responsibility for the authority you have.

Read Only: Simple setup fee because we have to lock a few things down we don't ordinarily have to lock down.
Read/Write: Obviously you will be responsible for anything database related, regardless of cause.
root CLI access: Now you are also responsible for OS and Software package health of the box.

I will say that ViciHost is the best location for Vicidial out there, hands down. They own/maintain/build this software and I've never had anyone complain about quality of service. However: We provide this same service. Also, I do not know if they allow root CLI access or not.

We host clusters of all sizes, from a virtualized system (for 1 or 2 Vicidial agents or FreePBX with a lot of agents) all the way up to huge clusters with a 32G RAM/2T RAID10 DB Server and dedicated web and dialer servers. Pricing is in our Catalog.

And just like ViciHost, we do not stand in the way or make it difficult for a user to move their system (or just their data) to a new facility. In fact, we'll perform the move for you and even build the new servers in preparation, if that's what you want.

We also Host servers that you own (you can purchase from us or send to us, up to you) in addition to working with you for moving them to a new physical facility if you ever get your own Fiber, or any other reason.

On a final note, we've also helped a few users ... move them back when they turned out to be incapable or unwilling to maintain them locally or just found out that their local bandwidth was not sufficient after all (happens! LOL).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion