Import leads from CRM to Vicidial lists

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Import leads from CRM to Vicidial lists

Postby mar1o » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:24 am

Hello,
I would like to extract e lead from CRM and put it at a Vicidial list, so the agent will call that number. Is this possible, and if it is how can I do that?

Thank you,
mar1o

Re: Import leads from CRM to Vicidial lists

Postby mflorell » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:58 am

There are lots of ways to do that, but is mostly depends on your CRM and what it is capable of.

One of the easier ways is to use the Vicidial Non-Agent API:

http://vicidial.org/docs/NON-AGENT_API.txt
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mar1o » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:59 am

mflorell wrote:There are lots of ways to do that, but is mostly depends on your CRM and what it is capable of.

One of the easier ways is to use the Vicidial Non-Agent API:

http://vicidial.org/docs/NON-AGENT_API.txt

my vicidial its not connected with CRM. I want to find a way to connect the two databases together. Maybe I didn't make myself clear, the thing that I want to do is, when a lead comes to CRM then to automaticlly go to the Vicidial list and be ready for dial
mar1o

Postby mflorell » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:27 am

That will most likely require customization of some kind, or building of a process that would transfer data from one side to the other. You haven't mentioned what kind of CRM you are using.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mar1o » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:44 am

mflorell wrote:That will most likely require customization of some kind, or building of a process that would transfer data from one side to the other. You haven't mentioned what kind of CRM you are using.

I am using Panda CRM. I think that it needs a script or something...
mar1o

Postby mflorell » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:41 pm

I'm not familiar with that CRM, but yes, you would probably need custom scripting to do what you want.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:37 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Consider that perhaps you have this backwards. In my experience it works much better if you have your leads import directly into Vicidial and then have Vicidial push them to the CRM. Explanation:

* Someone is "sending" this lead to you. There's a trigger mechanism (someone pushing a "Submit" button somewhere, or something else causes this to occur, usually you have no control over this). Instead of sending this information directly into the CRM and then trying to figure out how to make this same information also available in Vicidial, consider that you NEED this information in Vicidial (so you can call the client), but you do not need it in the CRM yet, as you are not on the phone with this client. (Unless you will be running an email or snail mail campaign before calling).
* Next up: You call this person from Vicidial. Trigger built-in to Vicidial. No problems so far.
* The agent on the call with the client can then determine the need to "CRM" this lead. The button for this is "Web Form" and it can be set to push the data to the CRM in the same way you would ordinarily have received it in the CRM in the first place. Trigger: Agent. Of course, this would depend on the API available for the CRM: Would that API be able to send the agent directly to the record after creating it?
* OR: If you want all successful calls to be recorded in the CRM regardless of outcome (not always a good idea, if you never had a "good" outcome from the call, but it's your business model so you have to decide!): You can set the "Web Form" to automatically pop up, forcing that push to the CRM each time an agent is on the phone with a prospect.
* There are variations: You can write an intermediate script that checks the CRM DB and either adds or updates the script, and then bounces the agent to the newly created record or the existing record. But in any event, this can happen in the Web form OR in the "Start Call URL" so it happens at the beginning of each call (without agent involvement) or the "Dispo URL" so it can be triggered only if specific outcomes require that you add a new lead to your CRM (useful for SALE or APPT dispos in some business scenarios).

In all cases, the previously mentioned Vicidial API is useful, as well as several available Dispo_URL examples available here on the site.

If you have some php experience, or someone on staff who can handle it, this is not a particularly difficult task once you determine the Triggers for each event.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mar1o » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:34 am

Thank you William. Your response was very clear, but i dont have any experience in php. I would like to know where can i put this script, in Vicidial or CRM? I want to do it the way that i posted in the begining, the lead will come to CRM then it will automaticlly go to Vicidial lists. If you have something that it could help me it will be very nice, even some tutorial page or something.
mar1o

Postby striker » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:40 am

how the lead is coming to your CRM - automated(like online form filling) or manual entry.

as said my mflorell you can use the Vicidial NON-agent api like the below example

http://server/vicidial/non_agent_api.php?source=test&user=6666&pass=1234&function=add_lead&phone_number=7275551212&phone_code=1&list_id=999&first_name=Bob&last_name=Wilson

the above api will add the lead in list 999
www.striker24x7.com www.youtube.com/c/striker24x7 Telegram/skype id : striker24x7
striker

Postby mar1o » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:36 am

The lead comes automaticlly in CRM, but i dont have control over the CRM database. Can I use this API without having control of the CRM database?
mar1o

Postby williamconley » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:55 pm

mar1o wrote:The lead comes automaticlly in CRM, but i dont have control over the CRM database. Can I use this API without having control of the CRM database?

So as I see it, you want to import leads from the CRM, but you can't access the CRM database? Can you confirm that?

Of course, it's possible, but it will require a "bot" to reach into the CRM using an api or web interface and then pushing the lead into Vicidial. We've done this for a few clients, but it's not for the faint of heart (ie: not a "beginner level" project).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion