ViciBoard: A Free Open-Source Dashboard for VICIdial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ViciBoard: A Free Open-Source Dashboard for VICIdial

Postby bmorrison » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:06 pm

Greetings! A client was bitterly disappointed to discover that a "free" Vicidial dashboard offered elsewhere was, in fact, something that was hosted on another server. They asked me to whip one up for them, and I agreed under the condition that I was allowed to open-source it, and offer it freely to any and all...

ViciBoard project homepage.

ViciBoard is responsive, and caches its results, keeping the database from lighting afire if more than one (or a dozen) managers have the dashboard open across their devices.

Please note that ViciBoard needs several hours to populate all the data it uses to display its graphs. I imagine there are going to be better ways to collate this information, too. While the very positive response from my clients (I've been testing with many of them during development) has been humbling and gratifying, I'm certain I've made some (many?) mistakes, and this dashboard -- as it stands today -- has several issues. As time goes on and I make improvements to ViciBoard, hopefully it'll get better!
bmorrison

Re: ViciBoard: A Free Open-Source Dashboard for VICIdial

Postby Vince-0 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:41 am

Nice work!
Vince-0

Postby mflorell » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:07 am

Looks pretty cool, I'll have to check it out next week. Thanks for releasing it open source!
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bmorrison » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:25 am

Vince-0 wrote:Nice work!

Thank you!
bmorrison

Postby rrb555 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:24 am

I'll be testing this by tomorrow. Thanks for sharing
One server that I am managing | Single Server | ViciBox Redux 6.0 | VERSION: 2.12-549a | BUILD: 160404-0940 | revision 2508| No other hardware
For help you can send me a direct email info@support.com.ph
rrb555

Return to General Discussion