ViciDial Server Specs- Should this be good?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ViciDial Server Specs- Should this be good?

Postby bmxmike » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:13 pm

Hello,

I'm new to the world of ViciDial and slowly learning everything. I have been running a Elastix 4 pbx but due to the 3CX buyout it is no longer being maintained and the base is now moving to their proprietary system so was looking for something new and stumbled across this amazing piece of software. Would like to thank everyone in advanced for any help you may give me!

A few questions:
1) Is goAutoDial still being maintained? I see some people still use the software from a few community members I emailed and talked to. I noticed that current release is from 8/4/14 and also noticed that v4 is at 81% and 6 months late. I have been searching for an answer but can't quite seem to find one. Is their a big difference in ViciDial v2.9 in goAutoDial vs ViciDial v2.12 in ViciBox? Is their any advantage to running goAutoDial over ViciBox current?

2) I have a mostly inbound support call center with occasional outbound calling to agents with about 20 users. Here are the current specs of a server I was going to use:
-CPU : 2 x Intel E5-2670 2.60 GHZ 8 Cores
-RAM: 48 GB DDR3
-Storage: 1 x 240 GB SSD / 2 x 2 TB SATA RAID-1

When I was searching I noticed some talk on Dual CPU configurations and not to expect double the performance but not much else. How does Vici do on a Dual CPU setup? Also, we will be hiring more CSR's in a few months should this be good up to 50 agents on 1 server?
bmxmike

Re: ViciDial Server Specs- Should this be good?

Postby mflorell » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:37 pm

GoAutoDial is using VICIdial code form over two and a half years ago. There are known exploits on that old code, and we do not recommend anyone use it in production. VICIbox is current to the latest code(updated a few days ago) and is what we recommend to use to install VICIdial on your system.

As for capacity, we recommend more server, not bigger servers. The server specs you listed should be fine for up to 50 inbound agents.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bmxmike » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Thank you so much for your response!

-Do you know if GoAutoDial is still being maintained or was the project pretty much abandoned? I know their hosted solution is being maintained but as I said I noticed v4 CE is 6 months behind. I have already installed ViciBox in a VM to test but was wondering why some people still use GoAutoDial since it's not being further developed; which is why I abandonded Elastix 4 since it was no longer going to be maintained.

-Since you save more is better than bigger; would something like this be better:

2 Servers with the following configuration:

-CPU: 2 x Intel X5670 2.93 GHZ 6 Core
-RAM: 48 GB DDR3
-Storage: 240 GB SSD / 2 x 2 TB RAID-1

Then do 1 server with the Database and Webserver and the other with the dialer?
bmxmike

Postby mflorell » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:18 pm

I have no idea about GoAutoDial's future, I haven't heard from their developers in some time. They do seem to be focused only on their hosted offering from what I can tell. As for why people would still install GoAutoDial, maybe they aren't looking at the dates or versions being used.

Yes, that would be a better hardware configuration to use. 1 server for DB/web and one for Asterisk.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion