Is there any limit to the number of user groups?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Is there any limit to the number of user groups?

Postby ScissorHill » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:30 am

Hello everyone,

As the title suggests, I'd like to know whether there is any non-hardware limit to the number of user groups that can be created. I've searched this forum and the manual, but I couldn't find any info in this regard - apologies in case I've missed it.

Also, I understand the requirement to include one's system configuration in the post, but this is a pre-install design question, in a new server environment. Let's assume it will be the latest version of Vicidial. That being said, we may be given access to a test server running Vicidial VERSION: 2.11-476a BUILD: 150302-0945 (I currently don't have CLI access to it yet, and I'm assuming the OS/Asterisk versions don't have a bearing on this question...!).

Also, it's my first post here, and I'd like to express appreciation for the wonderful people behind Vicidial and the entire community here!
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Found more info on the testing server:
  • Asterisk 1.8.32.3
  • CentOS 6.6
  • Linux Kernel 2.6.32-642.1.1.el6.x86_64
ScissorHill

Re: Is there any limit to the number of user groups?

Postby mflorell » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:06 pm

There is no hard-coded limit, but I would imagine there might be related issues if you get over 10,000 User Groups in there.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Is there any limit to the number of user groups?

Postby ScissorHill » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:27 am

Thanks for the info...! I appreciate the quick response.
ScissorHill

Return to General Discussion