No/Delay Rings doing manual dialing

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

No/Delay Rings doing manual dialing

Postby johncabz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:07 am

Hi,

I'm currently running trouble with my current Vicidial, as most of my agents are experiencing no ring or delay rings when doing manual dialing. This issue is intermittent as not all calls have this kind of issue, I need help on how to resolve this I already contacted 2 of our carrier and done some serious troubleshooting and nothing seem to work. I also try dialing directly using the softphone and not going through with vicidial agent UI calls are all ringing. it must have something to do with campaign setting that I miss, Please advise

John

VERSION: 2.12-565a
BUILD: 160827-0917
© 2016 ViciDial Group
johncabz

Re: No/Delay Rings doing manual dialing

Postby williamconley » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:59 pm

1) Thanks for posting your Vicidial Version with Build! Nice.

2) Try to remember to also include your Installation Method with Version. This is often available in your console welcome screen when you log in at the Vicidial Keyboard or via ssh. It helps.

3) You seem to be under a false impression that the asterisk server that generates a call also generates the ring tone. But that's not true. The ring tone is returned from the party being called. This is what makes custom ringtones possible. What I'm saying is that your system is not screwy, but the people you call don't all have ringtones.

4) When you dial directly from your soft phone through asterisk, believe it or not your phone can/will provide the ringtone if one isn't returned. That's just a cool thing we consumers expect when using a soft phone, so they do it to avoid losing customers (who would use a phone that doesn't ring?). So when the status of the call is "ringing/progress being made/etc", the average sip phone will generate a ring tone.

5) When you dial (manual or autodial) from Vicidial, your phone isn't generating the call. The asterisk server is generating the call from your meetme room. Meetme rooms (not being soft phones) do not detect ring/progress and generate a ring tone if there isn't one. So you will often get silence and/or long wait before the called party's system generates a ring tone.

6) Note that Vicidial was built around "autodial!" and as such, there was never a human involved during the dial/ring phase. Now that manual dialing happens a lot in Vicidial and custom PBXs have all but stopped generating ring tones, it's an issue. But that issue could be solved by Asterisk (who has apparently not found it worthy) or by The Vicidial Group (but they would have to get paid!)

7) There was an ancient solution that used to work called "bristuff". It hasn't been updated and worked for about six years (maybe more, I forget).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion