[Explain]FTP Pull leads vs /LEADS_IN/

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

[Explain]FTP Pull leads vs /LEADS_IN/

Postby bmxmike » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:37 pm

VERSION: 2.14-621a
BUILD: 170717-1444
Vicibox 7.0.4

Questions to anyone out there who can explain this a little better;
I have searched my manager manual and can only find mention of "FTP lead loader drop box" and in the forums directing people to "VICIDIAL_IN_new_leads_file.pl"

Is their any difference in running say a cron job to pull the lead file and place it in /LEADS_IN/ and then running the script VS using VICIDIAL_IN_new_leads_file.pl --ftp-pull; Does it provide any additional reporting or anything else?

Also to clear up my confusion: When doing ftp-pull it's using the VARFTP or VARREPORT from astguiclient.conf? I know what the help file says "uses REPORTS FTP login information" just wanted to clarify as I can't find much on it in the manual.
bmxmike

Re: [Explain]FTP Pull leads vs /LEADS_IN/

Postby williamconley » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:25 pm

You're asking a lot of questions to avoid testing it and finding out for yourself. It doesn't cost anything. Set up a file with a single lead and try it out. Much better than waiting for an answer on here.

There will always be that little bit of doubt or "not quite understanding".

Based on your post it sounds like you should have no problem making this happen. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion