CBHOLD Question

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

CBHOLD Question

Postby thephaseusa » Tue May 08, 2018 9:14 pm

I just want to confirm how cbhold works. You disposition a call CB, you enter the date and time for the call back, it’s coded cbhold. And when that date and time becomes current, the dialer will call the number back and give it to the agent who coded it (if it’s an agent only call back, or goes to anyone logged in if not).

But, the agent, or an agent, must be logged in to that campaign for the call back to made correct? If no one is logged in to that campaign at that time, the dialer will not call it back at that time. Further, the next time an agent logs into that campaign, the dialer catches up on previous call backs that come due, correct? And its identifiable as a call back when you see the yellow bar towards the bottom that say Previous Call Back with times and dates.

So, I assume if you don’t log back into that campaign the cbhold is never executed? And it never gets called by the dialer? It will however remain in the Active Call Backs link of each agent screen though, so an agent can manually call them.

I’m realizing lately that call backs are not being followed up on due to not logging into the original campaign again. And i’ve long noticed that scheduled call backs sometimes don’t readily appear again. For example if the dialer dials an agent call back, and the customer doesn’t answer the phone, there is no notice of that correct? What happens to the no answer call backs by the dialer? Does it just make the 1 attempt at the scheduled time, and after that it’s up to the agent to find it in Active Call Backs and follow up?

I love the new feature Next Dial call backs. I didn’t think about the fact that they could be spread out over several different campaigns though and you would have to rotate through all of them to clear up all the call backs.

Has anyone made a feature request where call backs could be executed and passed to the agent from all campaigns, while he is logged into only 1 campaign?

Thanks for your time, and all your community support VICIdial!

John M
thephaseusa

Re: CBHOLD Question

Postby williamconley » Tue May 08, 2018 9:19 pm

thephaseusa wrote:time becomes current, the dialer will call the number back and give it to the agent who coded it (if it’s an agent only call back, or goes to anyone logged in if not).

No. Have you read the manual?

Callbacks are NOT automatic as the agent could get an autodialed call before that callback answers, thus stranding the callback which is the opposite of a good idea.

Callbacks are manual the agent will get a callback notice at the bottom of their agent screen. They then "PAUSE" and push the callback button.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby thephaseusa » Tue May 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Okay, I must have changed campaign settings at some point and I don’t get those notices anymore. Thanks for the explanation.

JM
thephaseusa

Postby williamconley » Tue May 08, 2018 9:30 pm

User must have "manual dial" configured or user won't have callback capability.

If I recall, there is an exercise for this in the Manual.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby thephaseusa » Tue May 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Thank you.
thephaseusa

Return to General Discussion