Vicidial Database scalibility problems

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial Database scalibility problems

Postby attiqmscs004 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:22 am

Hi, We are currently managing call center using VICIDIAL. Now we have to expand our setup and agents count. The problem I am facing is that there is a limitation on our databases. Our database is in critical load with these agents. So we cannot create new agents on existing database. We want to set up another database server we want to set up new agents on this new database server. But we are not sure whether this will work or not. We want to set up half of our clients on one database and the half on another database. But for reporting, we want to set up one common central database. I just want to confirm whether this plan will work efficiently or not. Is there any reporting related issues might be faced. I am also attaching snapshot for my requirement.

attiqmscs004

Re: Vicidial Database scalibility problems

Postby mflorell » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:08 pm

There is currently no easy way to do what you describe.

How many agents are currently on your system?

What the the hardware specs for your dedicated database server?

How many calls per day on average does your system handle?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby attiqmscs004 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:31 am

We are currently managing 700 agents and we are running virtual machines for our database with 12 Gb ram. Our physical server is Dell R610 Dual Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5675 @ 3.07GHz. On average we are running 150000 to 160000 calls per day with 8 asterisk servers.
attiqmscs004

Postby mflorell » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:50 am

Virtual servers are bad news for DB servers and VICIdial. The agent load is pretty high, but the number of calls per day is easily manageable. At that level, you should be using a bare-hardware DB server with a MegaRAID RAID card. With that kind of hardware we have accommodated a hosted client placing 2 million calls per day for up to 850 agents. Also, at that level you have to archive your logs daily.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby attiqmscs004 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:04 am

Thanks mflorell for your feedback. We are in process of purchasing LSI Mega Raid card. But for now, we have to expand our system ASAP. I just want to confirm whether we can run two live DB or not managing half of the clients from one Db and the half from other. Will there be any problem with this setup?
attiqmscs004

Postby mflorell » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:00 pm

For a system of your size, it would be best to have two databases run off of separate hardware, otherwise you will most likely run into similar issues to what you are experiencing now.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby tamochun » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:34 am

For a system of your size, it would be best to have two databases run off of separate hardware

Hi mflorell
As you said it would be best to have two databases, I am confused on this statement as my understanding that vicidial is having a bottleneck of a single database (for an agent at least, reports can be run on separate). How we can use two databases ? can you please explain that.

Also, I have been reading on this forum people are using 1500 agents, is it still supposed to be on a single database?

Easy or hard if there is any way of expanding vicidial Databases on multiple hardware/MySQL instances can you please guide on it.
tamochun

Postby attiqmscs004 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:53 am

mflorell wrote:For a system of your size, it would be best to have two databases run off of separate hardware, otherwise you will most likely run into similar issues to what you are experiencing now.

Dear Mflorell, I am asking the same question. Can we have two databases for single Vicidial? Currently, we are managing 1500 agents and want to expand up to 2400 agents.

Is it possible to manage 1200 agents from one database and other 1200 agents from the second database? How can we use two databases simultaneously? Can we use Galera cluster for this? Will this affect reporting?
attiqmscs004

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:21 am

I only mentioned two separate database servers because you had said you wanted to run half your leads off of one database and half off of the other. If you separate your system in two, you would be best to have two separate database servers. VICIdial cannot run stable on a clustered master/master database system. If you want to run a single system, then you will need as good of a database as you can get. The largest single system we have successfully run was 850 concurrent agents placing 2 million calls every day, and running at that level required a lot of configuration modifications over time to achieve at a stable level. We've never tried levels of 1200, 1500 or 2400 concurrent agents logged in. My guess is that it would be difficult to achieve on a single system. That's one of the reasons we created the CCC(cross-cluster communication) protocols, to allow for several large fronter-clusters to be able to send calls with lead information tied to them to a large closer cluster. This allows for separated clusters to operate on their own, but also allows for the limited sharing of lead information. With this type of setup, we have a larger client that has been able to handle 3 million+ calls per day total on three separate fronter-only clusters, while transferring a half-million calls per day to their closer cluster, and they have the ability to grow larger if they need to just by adding more fronter clusters that feed into the closer cluster.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby attiqmscs004 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:12 am

So you recommend we must run 850 agents max on the single database. I am only confused with using more than one database as a primary node (half half agents distribution) is that we are managing Database A as a master node and all agents are logged into this database. We are running database B as in master replication to node A and all reporting is currently being done from this node B. We want to run another node C that is totally independent to node A and will be managing half of agent and will be master of node B. We just want to confirm if this schema can be implemented in VICIDIAL. Will it affect the reporting or cause any problem. Have you used multi-database system managing half agent from one database and half from another database?
Currently, I am not concerned about the agent count. I am only concerned will this multi-database scheme work?
attiqmscs004

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:56 pm

It is possible to use MariaDB/MySQL replication from two masters to a single slave server. We have done this before, but it can result in slower replication we have noticed than the server just replicating from one slave.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby attiqmscs004 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:46 am

Hi Mflorell,
Thanks for your valuable feedback. What do you recommend we must use the cluster for this setup. Do you recommend Galera cluster for this or any other MySQL cluster technology?
attiqmscs004

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:43 am

The only MySQL clustering technology that consistently works with VICIdial is standard Master/Slave MyISAM replication.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion