Customer with more than 10 numbers

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Customer with more than 10 numbers

Postby frank83 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Hello,
i've installed the VERSION: 2.9-441a BUILD: 140612-1628 of vicidial in a VM with vmware esx 6.0, i have two questions:

1. i'm trying to import a CSV with many customers and each customer have 10/15 numbers, how can I add the excess numbers compared to the standard template?

2. to call in predictive all this numbers, which is the best settings that i need to apply in Auto Alt-Number Dialing?

Cheers
Frank
frank83

Re: Customer with more than 10 numbers

Postby williamconley » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:19 pm

1) WHY have you installed such an old version?

2) HOW did you install? (Listing your installation method with Version or Link is highly recommended)

3) Please confirm you know Virtual Vicidial is ONLY for testing or for a single agent with 2 or 3 calls. Anything beyond that will likely be ... disappointing, but it's perfect for a single agent, proof-of-concept, sandbox or development.

4) The Vicidial Manager's Manual is available at EFLO.net and has free and paid versions. The manual covers configuration for up to 64,000 numbers per prospect. I'm NOT sure if that is covered in the free version, but I think it is. Free to find out, though, that's for sure!

5) You have two basic methods available to you: The 64,000/lead version (obviously designed for collection agencies) and the MULTI_LEAD which technically has NO limit to the number of phones per lead. Leads are connected to one another by the Vendor Lead Code and when you successfully contact a lead (human answer, if I recall), all others with matching vendor lead code are marked as "called" to avoid contacting the same lead two times. That, too, should be in the manual.

6) You dropped "predictive" like it is somehow related to the "quantity of phone numbers per lead". It's not. And those settings will be determined based on where you choose to store the numbers. Once you choose between Collection Agency 64k and MULTI_LEAD, your settings will have been determined by that choice. In the manual.

Happy Hunting 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby frank83 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:35 am

Hello William,

1/2) when i tried to find an open source dialer i found goautodial, and after the installation i understood that behind was ViciDial.
Vicidial could be virtualized in a production environment or it's only bare metal?

3) i confirm that i'm only testing the product and i would like to improve my know-how;

4) i downloaded the free manual thanks;

5) The 64,000/lead version it's Extended_Only?How it works? I need to add more coloumns like phone_number3 phone_number4 etc?
I tried the MULTI_LEAD with Hopper VLC Dup Check enabled, but it didn't work, the call didn't start;

Sorry for my basic questions, i'm new in Vicildial :(
Now i will install the ViciBox_v8_1.x86_64-8.1.2 and I will try to do some tests.

Cheers
Frank
frank83

Postby blackbird2306 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:34 pm

By the way here are some information you can read first:
http://vicidial.org/docs/ALTERNATE_NUMBER_DIALING.txt
Vicibox 6.0.2 from Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.2.iso | Vicidial 2.12-560a build: 160617-1427 | Asterisk 1.8.32.3
blackbird2306

Postby williamconley » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Frank: Before you begin specialized dialing, you must have a functional dialer and a basic understanding of how it works.

The BEST advice I can give you is:

1) Reinstall with the latest .iso installer from Vicibox.com. Use the instructions (PDF I believe) on Vicibox.com to complete the installation.

2) As soon as installation is complete, you'll be changing to the Vicidial Manager's Manual for configuration and execution. Start by downloading the Free version of the Vicidial Manager's Manual from EFLO.net (not as easy to find as the paid version due to coloring of buttons, but trust me ... it's there, lol).

3) Start at page one of the Vicidial Manager's Manual. At this stage you have paid NOBODY ANYTHING, but in exchange for that FREE stuff, you will need to donate some of your own time and patience. I say this because I expect you to NOT skip anything. Start at page one. When you get to a section you think you don't need to do and want to skip, slap yourself, and do it anyway. At this point there are two possibilities: You will ultimately end up with a fully functional dialer, and with the link provided by blackbird2306 you'll be able to expand it to your needs OR you'll have a problem.

4) If you have a problem, create a post here with a subject line describing the basic problem, your Manual page and line, your related configuration values, what you expected to happen and what Really happened. And someone will walk you through that page so you can continue to get to the end.

5) Never Fear the Reinstall. Vicidial is free, Reinstalling a dozen times just means you will learn how easy it really is to reinstall and you'll lose that fear. As long as you eventually work out the proper method for a Backup to an FTP server, you can always restore your prior system even in case of a catastrophic failure. More reinstalls = more comfort with the full system. Seriously.

Happy Hunting! 8-)
williamconley

Postby frank83 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Thank you very much! I will try to configure the system, make some test and if I have other problems i will open a new topic. :)

Frank
frank83

Postby williamconley » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:48 pm

frank83 wrote:Thank you very much! I will try to configure the system, make some test and if I have other problems i will open a new topic. :)

Frank

It really does get easier after you've re-installed a dozen times. Like driving a car. You get used to it and the magic disappears ... it becomes business instead of supernatural. lol
williamconley

Return to General Discussion