Agent Time Detail & Export Calls Report, Calls Mismatch

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Agent Time Detail & Export Calls Report, Calls Mismatch

Postby mandela » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:16 am

Hello Members,
I am using,
VERSION: 2.14-667a
BUILD: 180331-1715
Running on openSUSE Leap 42.3

When i pull AGENT TIME DETAILS REPORT, the TOTAL NUMBER OF CALLS i get is different from the number i get when i pull EXPORT CALLS REPORT for the same date.
I have taken into account DROPPED CALLS, which are not included in the AGENT TIME DETAILS REPORT.
Please help to understand why or which other status is not included in this, thanks in advance.
mandela

Re: Agent Time Detail & Export Calls Report, Calls Mismatch

Postby mflorell » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:13 am

If leads or users are deleted from your system, then the associated calls for those leads or users will not be exported as a part of the Export Calls Report.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mandela » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:52 am

Essentially is my assumption of export calls = agent time calls (for the same date, in the system)?
Also what exactly do you mean by associated calls for leads?
Do you mean the same associated calls are exported only in agent time call report?
mandela

Postby williamconley » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:08 pm

mandela wrote:export calls = agent time calls

Not a valid assumption.

1) Many calls never reach an agent. Not sure if export calls will show those at all, but if it does then you'd have more calls than "agent" calls.

2) Deleted leads (by emptying or deleting lists) cause the export calls function to ignore those calls. This time you have less calls than "agent" calls since the agent statistics are not deleted, just the leads (and their associated call data related to the leads, since the leads are gone).

3) Filtering: When you choose anything other than "ALL" in the various columns, calls may be excluded.

In summary: These reports look at different tables. The different tables are built for different purposes and are populated based on different events. If one call is transferred between several agents, each agent may have a call and time added, but the "call" only happened once from the campaign standpoint, and may happen several times for the transfer groups.

Before you decide which is right for your usage, be sure they are asking for the right viewpoint data. Many factors are involved when reporting in a call center.

For instance: Are we talking about paying an employee for sales? If so, then the lead status of SALE may only be valid for a short time. If the client calls back, the status may change at the end of the call (to something like not interested, if the next agent tries to sell them again). But by the same token, what if they called to cancel the sale? So perhaps you can look at the call status for each call instead, but now what if that 2nd agent also chooses "SALE" because it did not cancel ..,. now you have TWO sales in the export calls report, but one sale in the export leads report.

So when you are looking at why one value doesn't match another it's Very Helpful to discuss the purpose of those two values. Why do you want them?

Remember that Vicidial has been in use for over a decade. Thousands of call centers use it. There will be others who have asked your question for the same reason. We can connect your answer to a related answer only if we know ... why you asked. 8-) (Happy to help, if we can)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mandela » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:08 am

Thanks for the insight, very helpful.
Note that in my case, I always have EXPORT CALLS > AGENT TIME! And yes, we do 'CLEAR LEADS'.
As for the reason of comparing the two, I was interested in getting 'Productive calls ONLY', that is, calls in which an agent had an actual conversation with the client.
mandela

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:33 pm

Enable Expanded List Stats -This setting enables two additional columns to be displayed on most of the List status breakdown tables on the list modification and campaign modification pages. Penetration is defined as the percent of leads that are at or above the campaign Call Count Limit and-or the status is marked as Completed. Default is 1 for enabled.

Call Count Target - This field is used to calculate the penetration percentage on the list modification
page and some reports, and has no effect on leads dialed. Default is 3.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion