HubSpot Integration

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

HubSpot Integration

Postby carpenox » Sat May 16, 2020 2:07 pm

Anyone tried to do this yet? or is there documentation anywhere on this? I couldn't find anything worth a shit
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Re: HubSpot Integration

Postby mflorell » Sat May 16, 2020 4:29 pm

We've had several people ask about it, nobody wants to pay anything for us to spend time to develop it though.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby carpenox » Sat May 16, 2020 7:15 pm

ok, how many hours of coding we talking about and would it be a per hour or a str8 project cost?
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Postby williamconley » Sat May 16, 2020 10:53 pm

You use "Integration" like it's a description of a single item on a shelf.

What information do you want to share between the two packages? Sales? Leads? Call history? Comments per call?

There is such a huge array of possible "integration" data sets that there is no single price.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby carpenox » Sun May 17, 2020 12:20 am

all of the above, call history, notes and comments, emails, leads, sales, be able to call from vicidial using information from hubspot, data exchange - ie. any information entered in vicidial updates in hubspot and vice versa...
carpenox

Postby mflorell » Sun May 17, 2020 6:07 pm

A typical integration we do for most clients with a CRM is just a webform lookup in the CRM, and possibly a Dispo Call URL script to send data back to the CRM after a call. Depending on the CRM, that could be from 5-20 hours of dev work. We've done dozens of these over the years.

What you are describing is pretty much a full integration and would take months of work and hundreds of hours of dev work. We've only done that type of integration once, with vTiger, and it was such a mess to work with and took so much time to maintain that all of our paying clients using it abandoned vTiger for other solutions(one client paid for Custom List Fields to be developed in VICIdial).

I haven't looked too much into Hubspot at this point, but it seems much better managed than vTiger is. It would still take a significant amount of time to get a full integration working with it, if it is even possible since it is only offered as a hosted service and you may not be able to have a trigger launch every time something happens on the CRM side. There is also the issue of how to handle their API limits, which could certainly be an issue if you want to log every auto-dial contact attempt to a contact. Hubspot's way of handling requests over their contact and submission rate limits is just to drop them, so we'd have to build in something to be able to validate those and try to reattempt dropped API requests to them.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby carpenox » Sun May 17, 2020 6:18 pm

Yea, I imagined it would be pretty intensive, however I can most liekly get the price to pay for it paid off by dividing the cost among all the clients that use hubspot which is the majority of the people here in south florida. I did find integration of vtiger and hubspot and it seems like the integration exchanges info between the 2 instantly. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_AXqkzXzs I could definitely get that integration spread throughout south florida and sold depending on how that would have to be done, as a service for installation rather than a software since its open source. But maybe it could be a module you offer for a price? I'm not sure how you feel about things like that, but just an idea. The main thing the clients would like to see happen is to be able to bring the sales and possible successful leads into hubspot based on SALE dispo, as well as being able to pull "leads" from hubspot into vici to call thru the agent screen. The rest isnt that important, maybe notes being brought over into hubspot as well. Thanks for your response.

-nox
carpenox

Postby mflorell » Mon May 18, 2020 6:52 am

If you write up a detailed list of requirements, we can quote it out for you.

One other thing to be concerned about with Hubspot, if your API requests go above a 5% error rate, for any reason, they can suspend your entire account, which is pretty crippling for a hosted data service.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby carpenox » Mon May 18, 2020 8:10 am

OK i am going to reach out to the client i have that use hubspot and have been asking me about it and get a list of what they want or expect, its probably gonig to take me at least a week to put it together but I will get back with you, thank you.
carpenox

Postby williamconley » Mon May 18, 2020 9:59 am

mflorell wrote:If you write up a detailed list of requirements, we can quote it out for you.

One other thing to be concerned about with Hubspot, if your API requests go above a 5% error rate, for any reason, they can suspend your entire account, which is pretty crippling for a hosted data service.

1) Holy crap.

2) When you breach the amount of money involved in this sort of an integration, it's often more expensive than switching to an open source CRM with much more flexibility and control of data sources. Not to mention "never get cut off by your provider" and of course no hosting fees since your data is now on your server. lol
williamconley

Postby carpenox » Mon May 18, 2020 11:53 am

Bill,

I agree with you 100% and have been able to convert 2 clients over to vTiger or Sugar but some are set on Hubspot, the majority actually, so whatever. I'll find out what they would like to see happen, throw up the idea on here and if they dont like the price, then there SOL.
carpenox

Postby williamconley » Mon May 18, 2020 12:42 pm

Nobody ever likes the price for a full integration. But if you stick with user sync and SALE leads being pushed to the CRM, it's not so bad.

Remember that Vicidial routinely has millions of leads. Many CRMs do not operate with that sort of data bulge well at all. Besides, the CRM concept is really designed for pipeline management. Leads aren't in the pipeline until you have some reason to believe they have your money. If you haven't even made a cold-call to them yet and your sale rate is 0.02%, there's no reason to put all your leads in your CRM. Pushing SALE in vicidial is a good trigger for transfer to CRM, or (if you require information in the CRM that Vicidial will not have a place to store), the "Web Form" button in Vicidial can be coded to generate the lead in the CRM, including any ancillary entries such as "opportunity" or "contacts", and then bring up the new lead's record in a popup. All within 1 second of pushing the "Web Form" button if their system is responsive. Another reason for an open-source self-hosted CRM: Speed. It's not a "shared cloud service web app" with a 5 second delay bringing up different sections due to design compromises. Your own CRM can run full power on hardware just like Vicidial and respond immediately.
williamconley

Postby darkwatergroup11 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:41 am

I don't know if it's a South Florida thing or what, but HubSpot is what's on and popping. If someone needs a free CRM for their startup, HubSpot is probably the go to. It integrates with just about everything. Sales Force, Phone Burner, Kixie, Twilio Auto Dialer all integrate with it. For what doesn't have a native integration Zapier probably does. HubSpot has the community support and thousands of YouTube videos and knowledge base articles on how or what you can do with it.

We were able to get somewhat of a solution by using this link for our webform: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/[HUBSPOT_ID#_HERE]/contacts/list/view/all?createNewObject=CONTACT&EMAIL=--A--email--B--&firstname=--A--first_name--B--&lastname=--A--last_name--B--&mobilephone=--A--phone--B--

I say it works somewhat because it will create a new contact but only populates the email, first name, and last name. Any thing else like address or phone numbers have to be put in manually which isn't too hard to copy and paste from VICIdial. The reason for this i speculate is because the other HubSpot properties (address, phone number, zip etc) are greyed out on HubSpot's contact creation tab until you give it email, first name, and last name. Also, while it does create a contact in HubSpot, if someone else calls the record in VICIdial and hits webform, it will create a duplicate contact in HubSpot. A 2nd webform could possibly fix this by instead of creating a new object (contact in this case) it performs a search query of your contacts to see if that email address already exists as a contact in HubSpot. If it doesn't then use the webform that creates the contact.

While logging every single call in HubSpot seems a little much, what I would want is the ability to use VICIdial to do my prospecting. When I get a call on VICIdial life would be awesome if it queried my hubspot contacts to see if that is already a contact. Then if not, and if the agent feels its a good lead worth following up on, create a new contact in HubSpot complete with email, first name, last name, phone number, address, and maybe the comments as a call note.
2 x Intel Xeon X3450 at 2.66GHz | 16GB DDR4
ViciBox v9.0.3 | Version: 2.14-763a | BUILD: 200719-1645 | SVN Version: 3271 | DB Schema Version: 1602 | Asterisk 13.34.0
http://www.CyburityLLC.com -: 844-PC-SATA-2 - :- www.contactcentersRus.com
darkwatergroup11

Return to General Discussion