Question about phone alias

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Question about phone alias

Postby dhijrwn » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:38 am

Hi guys,

I follow the instruction based on manager manual v214-750a.
I successfully created phone 101a asterisk server a(main server asterisk) then 101b asterisk server b(secondary server asterisk) add entry to phone alias and it successfully works.

I login using the 101x as phone username in agent vicidial screen then it successfully connects/ring and successfully dials too/call.

so my zoiper ip was set on server a but when i login it rang on server b,
I executed sip show peers on both servers and extension 101 they are both connected OK.
I tried to start autodial phone number, then all the work/load went to server b even though I am the only one agent logged in on server a, on server b no agents login.
I thought it will ring on server a and dial too but it is not.

I'm just worried because I didn't setup the LOAD_BALANCING.txt on the documentations because it scares me(might break the servers).
but i got 2 asterisk servers(server a(lets say high specs) and server b(mid specs)), and set the server b to do balance dialing and it is working.

I just really curious, because what if all agents logged in and all the work load is going to server b which is not high specs.
Cluster setup i7-9700 cpu @ 3.00ghz 32GB ram 1xDB WEB ARCH 11xTEL 4core
ViciBox v.9.0.3 ISO VERSION:2.14-853a BUILD: 220328-1420
SVN: 3595 DB Schema: 1657 | Asterisk 13.29.2-vici
Zoiper 5 | VICIPhone| No Digium/Sangoma Hardware
dhijrwn

Re: Question about phone alias

Postby williamconley » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:24 pm

You want to know why B has no agents but is doing all the dialing and A has the agent but Is dialing.

Have you customized your sip.conf or extensions.conf files (or the '-vicidial' versions of either)?
Post the settings for the two phones and the alias (without the passwords and only the last digits of the IPs).
Verify that Zoiper is successfully registering to both servers.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion