Load Balancing, Route Extension and Ingroup Agent Search

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Load Balancing, Route Extension and Ingroup Agent Search

Postby rbbumanlag » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:36 pm

Hi Guys,

Build:
Centos 7
2 x Mariadb 13 (HA, using DRBD, Corosync and Pacemaker)
1 x Slave Server Mariadb 13
2 x Web Server
1 x Reverse Proxy Server (HaProxy)
2 x Asterisk 13.29
VERSION: 2.14-760a
BUILD: 200701-1525
© 2020 ViciDial Group
Xenserver 8.1

Just a question, while reading the Manual, I came across Routing Extension and PLLB.

Based on what I have read,
Outbound:
Routing Extension 8368 will be able to send the call to an agent on the local server, then it will look on other servers.
Inbound:
For Inbound, they use Ingroup Agent Search Method in distributing calls.

As per my understanding, you will just need Routing Extension and In-group Agent Search Method to distribute calls to different asterisk servers.

PLLB, This is Phone Login Load Balancing, where agents will use phone aliases to receive call from the system.

Question?
1. If my assumption is correct, the first asterisk server that will receive the call can be/will be overloaded possibly? since it is the one routing calls between different asterisk servers?
2. For PLLB, since you are using Phone Alias, will the traffic to asterisk servers distributed equally? since part of the requirement is to register all phone accounts to a softphone like Zoiper. So if you have 10 Asterisk Server, you will need to register 10 Phone Accounts for each agent?
3. Does this mean that All Asterisk server will be connected to the Telco individually?
4. Does PLBB only apply for Outbound Calls?
5. For a clustered environment, do we need to setup the asterisk server to Active Agent Server = N then for all web server set it to Active Agent Server to Y?
OR
6. Routing Extension and In-group Agent Search Method is dependent on PLLB?

Pardon my questions, I am still trying to learn the architecture for scaling a call center.

Thanks!
rbbumanlag

Re: Load Balancing, Route Extension and Ingroup Agent Search

Postby williamconley » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:14 pm

rbbumanlag wrote:Hi Guys,

Build:
Centos 7
2 x Mariadb 13 (HA, using DRBD, Corosync and Pacemaker)
1 x Slave Server Mariadb 13
2 x Web Server
1 x Reverse Proxy Server (HaProxy)
2 x Asterisk 13.29
VERSION: 2.14-760a
BUILD: 200701-1525
© 2020 ViciDial Group
Xenserver 8.1

Please post a link to your installation instructions for future reference of anyone else using the same instruction set.

rbbumanlag wrote:1. If my assumption is correct, the first asterisk server that will receive the call can be/will be overloaded possibly? since it is the one routing calls between different asterisk servers?

Overloading occurs when you have too many agents registered IF: You also have too many Max Trunks (in admin->servers) or too many calls on hold awaiting an agent. Otherwise, balancing tends to work nicely.
rbbumanlag wrote:2. For PLLB, since you are using Phone Alias, will the traffic to asterisk servers distributed equally? since part of the requirement is to register all phone accounts to a softphone like Zoiper. So if you have 10 Asterisk Server, you will need to register 10 Phone Accounts for each agent?

PLLB occurs at the time of login, not the time of call receipt. Balancing occurs as agents log out and back in.
rbbumanlag wrote:3. Does this mean that All Asterisk server will be connected to the Telco individually?

Yes. Admin->Carriers. Each entry has a Server IP field. Although you can create a carrier and select "all servers", that will then create that carrier entry on all servers. Note that the Admin->Carriers isn't used directly: It is a shortcut to place each of those fields in a .conf file when the keepalive script runs (every 60 seconds) and if there are any changes the keepalive will rewrite the asterisk conf files and reload the asterisk modules related to the conf file(s) in question (sip, iax, dialplan).
rbbumanlag wrote:4. Does PLBB only apply for Outbound Calls?

It happens during login, regardless of inbound or outbound. Not positive how it affects OnHook agents for inbound, haven't looked.
rbbumanlag wrote:5. For a clustered environment, do we need to setup the asterisk server to Active Agent Server = N then for all web server set it to Active Agent Server to Y?

Test it, of course, but you should find that either agent web or agent registration/phone server both require "agent server = y".
rbbumanlag wrote:OR
6. Routing Extension and In-group Agent Search Method is dependent on PLLB?

No.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion