how to create an auto rotator and CID Groups

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

how to create an auto rotator and CID Groups

Postby carpenox » Sat May 28, 2022 12:43 pm

I wrote this article to show how to create a DID auto rotator and how to setup and use CID groups

https://dialer.one/how-to-use-cid-groups/

i hope this helps

Chris aka carpenox
Last edited by carpenox on Wed May 03, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Re: how to create an auto rotator and CID Groups

Postby VFRDavid » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:05 pm

Chris:

I do this by rotating the entire CID Group - I have a Stored Procedure (SP) I wrote in MySQL - that is called via a crontab job every "x" minutes - or whatever - this will automatically switch the campaign to the NEXT CID group (as sorted by the cid group ID) for the campaign - and use ALL of the numbers - by State or by AreaCode since it switches the entire CID Group - instead of using ONE DID for ALL calls for a period of 1 minute or whatever - so you can still use Local Presence - or whatever you have configured (you don't have to have the state match the area code if you don't want to with either method - as long as you don't do the "state match" import - and use the "CSV" method instea).

So that you can control which CID Groups get rotated through - it will only use CID Groups assigned to the same user_group as the campaign - so - iof you have 3 campaigns you need to do this for - with three separate Inbound CID Callback groups - just assign the campaigns to 3 different user groups, and then create the cid groups for each and also assigned them to their associated user group...does that make sense?

Anyway - this SP also checks the "Dialable Leads" and automatically runs the "Bulk Campaign Reset" if it drops below the value you pass the SP.

If you (or anyone) is interested in the code - let me know - just keep in mind that I wrote it for one specific system - there is no "user front end" for parameters and the only documentation is whatever comments I put in the code itself...so it's pretty "brute force" - probably not all that "elegantly written" - so don't give me shit about how I wrote it ;-)

Thanks!
David
VFRDavid

Postby carpenox » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:49 am

Hey David, i would definitely be interested in the code for this, I have a few clients that would greatly benefit from this. Message me on Skype or give me a call, whichever way is easier for you.

hows this going in the vacation world? Tell Jay and Pat I said whats up.

Chris
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Postby VFRDavid » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:19 pm

Will do - sorry I'm not on Skype as often as I should be!
David
VFRDavid

Return to General Discussion