Vicidial Implementation

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial Implementation

Postby enunez » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:33 pm

Hi,

I have a question about the best implementation, our company got 3 Dell PowerEdge R450 Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4314 CPU @ 2.40GHz. One of them have 64gb or DDR4 RAM, 500GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, the other 2 have 32gb or DDR4 RAM and 2 TB HDD. The former IT guy, installed the DB on the beefy one and 2 dialers on the other 2, and got a ramdom old server as the ViciWeb. I feel that they are way overkill and can be set on a more proper way, maybe having everything on 2 of them. What will be the best version and set up for this. We handle as much as 45 agents, may be up to 80 sometime in the future.

Im new on this and want to start with the right foot, already having issues with inbound calls so I just want to get rid of everything and start from scratch.
enunez

Re: Vicidial Implementation

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:54 pm

Starting over won't solve whatever problem you have until/unless you find out what (exactly) is wrong. "issues with inbound" can be resolved, often by distributing the inbound calls to more than one server rather than having all of them land on one server. This is ordinarily handled at the Carrier level for call distribution and/or hunt groups. Possibly limiting channels on sip accounts to reject calls after you hit a specified limit so the failed calls can roll over to the next dialer without having to pass through the original server.

Also worthy of note: 45 agents has very little meaning without knowing how many MAXIMUM simultaneous live calls you have, and of what type. For instance, 45 logged in agents with 50 ringing outbound calls, 23 live calls with agents, and 12 inbound calls in Queue awaiting agents ... that sort of information can be used to see when problems arise (when your inbound queues have the most calls? or outbound? or too few agents?).

When we install, we generally install ALL roles on ALL servers except the DB / Replication roles (which are only on one server each) to allow for flexibility. But with 45 agents you should not be having any problems at all at this point. The fact that you are having problems likely means there's a bottleneck that will not be resolved with a reinstall. IMHO. 8-)

PLEASE also remember to post your Vicidial Version with Build and your Installer Full Version on each post. Makes a difference.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Vicidial Implementation

Postby enunez » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:53 am

Thanks for the reply, it looks like the issue was solved, it was on the carrier part, I have contacted them before more than once, but this last time I started asking to cancel their service and it looks like it worked, they found the issue and "solved" but will keep monitoring them.

We have 35 agents 30 live calls at the most busy days, during high season we can have up to 60 agents and around 50 live calls at the same time.

The main reason that I was looking to start from scratch is because the current implementation we have, was done by someone else, no documentation was left and I had to be hunting for info checking for any record or any documents just to get by, I think I have most of the info already, but I actually had to pay for the Vici Support just to have Vici "fixed" or properly set. So I was looking for an installation where I can keep record of everything, still thanks to Vici Support I think I have it up and running properly. Thanks to both Mike and Michael on Support.

ViciBox v.10.0.0 210901
Asterisk 13.38.2-vici
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3555
DB Schema Version: 1652
DB Schema Update Date: 2022-01-24 15:32:32
enunez

Return to General Discussion