Vicidial costs

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial costs

Postby October » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:29 pm

Forgive me if this question has been answered previously.

I am thinking of using Vicidial for a small call center consisting of 4 agents for a small sales campaign. I'm familiar with the software from having used it in the past at an insurance company, if memory serves me well we used Vicidial together with xlite and ran it from 4 basic computers if I remember rightly, or at least that's how it appears.

I would really like to use Vicial again because I like the user interface, and it's familiar to me and very user-friendly. Another consideration is the cost, as we're a small startup I would like to keep the costs as little as possible.

Would it be possible to run Vici dial well using a computer as a basic server in combination with a VOIP provider to pay the phone charges?

Anyu advice would be really appreciated.
October

Re: Vicidial costs

Postby mflorell » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:27 pm

Yes, you can install VICIdial on a basic PC workstation and have it work just fine for a small number of agents, only paying for your SIP carrier phone charges.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby October » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:35 am

Thank you for your reply.

It does look like it could be a much more cost effective solution for us compared with cloud based subscription diallers available.

Are there any Sip companies that you would recommend? We're based in Europe and our market will be the UK.
October

Postby mflorell » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:26 am

It's hard to recommend SIP carriers because the market changes quickly and different companies have different use patterns that may be good on one carrier but not another. Also, a lot of consolidation has happened in the market in the last several years. It seems that one of the International SIP carriers that we used to recommend has been bought out, so you might try https://www.bandwidth.com first, but it's good to always have a back SIP carrier, so look around and see what's available. I would recommend NOT signing a long-term contract, just do pre-paid services to start.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion