ViciDial Hosting/Providers vs. Building your Own

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ViciDial Hosting/Providers vs. Building your Own

Postby evroggio » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:47 am

I am currently using a ViciDial hosting service for my call center. I'm spending enough money at this point to where I think it could possibly make sense to build out my own Vicidial. I'm pretty savvy and it shouldn't be too difficult for me.

I'm having trouble locating SIP/DID providers that would beat the price I am currently paying the seller who administrates my server. I also don't have access to APIs or the ability to change much functionality beyond the admin interface. Currently the seller is charging me $0.01 per minute (1 cent per min), $1 per DID per month, and $50 weekly for server hosting. I only have it set up as 20 users currently, I'm not sure if the hosting fee will increase with more users.

Could someone with more experience using ViciDial please let me know if this is a good deal or if I could easily cut costs by building my own Vicidial system? Also, if you believe I could save, could you either private message me or leave a comment explaining how and where and using which providers I could cut costs.

Also - with my own Vici build - do I need to pay for server hosting or does it simply run off my internet?

Thanks in advance!

VERSION: 2.14-859a
BUILD: 220623-0824
evroggio

Re: ViciDial Hosting/Providers vs. Building your Own

Postby mflorell » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:23 am

You really aren't going to be able to reliably cut your costs much over those rates given your current size and probable call volume.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: ViciDial Hosting/Providers vs. Building your Own

Postby evroggio » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:34 pm

Hi Mflorell,

Thank you very much for your guidance.
evroggio

Return to General Discussion