Managed Hosted Vicidial Server

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Managed Hosted Vicidial Server

Postby realskinner » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone suggest a provider for a managed hosted vicidial server

Thanks
VICIDial by vicifast.com | VERSION: 2.14-858a | BUILD: 220513-0819 | Asterisk 13.38.3-vici | Linode Dedicated 16 GB | No Extra Software After Installation
realskinner

Re: Managed Hosted Vicidial Server

Postby mflorell » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:24 pm

Well, there's always VICIhost, but I'm a bit biased :)
https://www.vicihost.com/
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby realskinner » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:40 pm

mflorell wrote:Well, there's always VICIhost, but I'm a bit biased :)
https://www.vicihost.com/

Would love to, but it's way beyond our budget. :D
VICIDial by vicifast.com | VERSION: 2.14-858a | BUILD: 220513-0819 | Asterisk 13.38.3-vici | Linode Dedicated 16 GB | No Extra Software After Installation
realskinner

Postby alo » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:50 pm

I don't think I would trust anyone who is Cheaper then vicihost. This is one of those cases where the phrase "you get what you pay for" really applies. I think you will have a hard time finding anything reliable cheaper.
alo

Postby mflorell » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:43 pm

There are different levels of service that go along with the different VICIdial hosting companies.

At VICIhost, we offer more proactive system monitoring, along with dedicated hardware that is hosted on machines we built and own in a secured Tier-3 hosting facility.

Some other VICIdial hosting companies just use other bulk hosting companies for their hosting to save money and charge less.

And then there are some other hosting companies that will steal your leads as a way for them to make money(we just had an organization that this happened to contact us last month.)

There are a lot of companies running VICIdial on less expensive $50/month hosting plans, and most of them do just fine on those platforms most of the time. Although we do hear from several companies doing this every month, usually when something goes wrong, and we have gotten quite a few new VICIhost clients as a result of that over the years.

The biggest lesson you can learn from those companies that have had problems on less expensive hosting platforms is to run backups of your VICIdial database every night, and store the backups on a separate system so you can restore them to a new system if you current hosted system disappears or becomes non-functional without warning.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby realskinner » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:34 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. We settled on a dedicated server and a backup service from a different provider.
realskinner

Return to General Discussion