Is there a way to manually hang up a user's phone?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Is there a way to manually hang up a user's phone?

Postby BleepinComputer » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:30 am

I am trying to figure out how it would be possible to force a user's phone to hang up, is this possible at all? I have looked everywhere for an option such as on the Real-Time Main Report and in the admin menus but can't seem to find anything, and searches are turning up nothing mentioning this function
BleepinComputer

Re: Is there a way to manually hang up a user's phone?

Postby martinch » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:41 pm

Hey BleepingComputer,

I personally am not aware of such functionality out of the box. You can kick an agent out of ViCiDial and that will kick them out of their phone too. May I ask which scenarios would you need/want to hangup an agent's phone?

I guess a button could be placed on the Real-Time report to hangup an agent's phone but interested to know your scenario.

You can hangup their phone if you have database access by sending a SQL query towards `asterisk.vicidial_manager` with the `Hangup` command. You can do something like this which is quite hacky but yeah. Just replace agent_phone_extension and agent_server_ip with the values for your agent;

Code: Select all
SET @agent_phone_extension = 'SIP/100' COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
SET @agent_server_ip = '192.168.8.155' COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
SET @start_time = UNIX_TIMESTAMP();
SET @full_agent_phone_extension = '' COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

SET @now_time = NOW();SET @full_agent_phone_extension = (SELECT channel FROM live_sip_channels WHERE server_ip = @agent_server_ip COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci AND channel LIKE CONCAT('', @agent_phone_extension, '%') COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci ORDER BY channel DESC); SELECT @full_agent_phone_extension;INSERT INTO vicidial_manager values('', '', @now_time, 'NEW', 'N', @agent_server_ip, '', 'Hangup', CONCAT('ULVD3452', @start_time, ''), CONCAT('Channel: ', @full_agent_phone_extension, ''),'','','','','','','','','');

Hope this helps.
Project Lead @ mDial -> https://github.com/TheBlode/mDial
martinch

Postby BleepinComputer » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:38 pm

martinch wrote:Hey BleepingComputer,

I personally am not aware of such functionality out of the box. You can kick an agent out of ViCiDial and that will kick them out of their phone too. May I ask which scenarios would you need/want to hangup an agent's phone?

I guess a button could be placed on the Real-Time report to hangup an agent's phone but interested to know your scenario.

You can hangup their phone if you have database access by sending a SQL query towards `asterisk.vicidial_manager` with the `Hangup` command. You can do something like this which is quite hacky but yeah. Just replace agent_phone_extension and agent_server_ip with the values for your agent;

SET @now_time = NOW();SET @full_agent_phone_extension = (SELECT channel FROM live_sip_channels WHERE server_ip = @agent_server_ip COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci AND channel LIKE CONCAT('', @agent_phone_extension, '%') COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci ORDER BY channel DESC); SELECT @full_agent_phone_extension;INSERT INTO vicidial_manager values('', '', @now_time, 'NEW', 'N', @agent_server_ip, '', 'Hangup', CONCAT('ULVD3452', @start_time, ''), CONCAT('Channel: ', @full_agent_phone_extension, ''),'','','','','','','','','');

Hope this helps.

I'm working with some inexperienced cold callers so want the ability to be able to hang up their call in case they start giving out confidential information or are talking to a litigator etc.
BleepinComputer

Postby martinch » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:36 pm

BleepinComputer wrote:

Hope this helps.

I'm working with some inexperienced cold callers so want the ability to be able to hang up their call in case they start giving out confidential information or are talking to a litigator etc.

Does Emergency Logout fit the bill?

Admin Panel > Real-TIme Report > Click on User > Emergency Logout. It will log the agent out of ViCiDial and also hangup their phone along with the customer they were prospecting to.
martinch

Postby BleepinComputer » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:11 pm

martinch wrote:
BleepinComputer wrote:

Hope this helps.

Does Emergency Logout fit the bill?

Admin Panel > Real-TIme Report > Click on User > Emergency Logout. It will log the agent out of ViCiDial and also hangup their phone along with the customer they were prospecting to.

Nailed it! Exactly what I'm looking for, thanks so much!
BleepinComputer

Postby martinch » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:11 pm

BleepinComputer wrote:
Nailed it! Exactly what I'm looking for, thanks so much!

You're welcome! I actually misunderstood your initial request...but yeah. Emergency logout is good shizzle. :)
martinch

Return to General Discussion