Setting up the hopper lavel in vicidial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Setting up the hopper lavel in vicidial

Postby rudra_ach » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:51 am

Hi Dear ,

I’ve some problem controlling the number of outgoing call, vicidial will do in specific time. Like for that we need to set the hopper level and autodial level. I’ve gone through the help but really not able to understand how to set it up. Any body please help.

Regards
rudra
rudra_ach

Postby mflorell » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:07 am

How many calls do you want to happen in what specific amount of time?

What do you currently have your hopper_level and dial_level set to?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby rudra_ach » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:29 am

mflorell wrote:How many calls do you want to happen in what specific amount of time?

What do you currently have your hopper_level and dial_level set to?

Hi dear ,

I've 24 agent who will use vicidial.Now for that how I'll calculate the hopeer lavel and the auto dial level.Now I've just blindly set the hopeer lavel and auto dial level to 1 and 1.

Again if I'll have 10 agents using the vicidial then how I'll calculate the hopper lavel and auto dial level.

thanks for reply

regards
rudra
rudra_ach

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:14 am

well, you didn't answer my first question, but the hopper level is simply the number of leads you want to be able to call per campaign every minute(nothing to do with number of agents logged in). The dial level is the number of calls to keep active per logged-in agent.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby rudra_ach » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:37 am

mflorell wrote:well, you didn't answer my first question, but the hopper level is simply the number of leads you want to be able to call per campaign every minute(nothing to do with number of agents logged in). The dial level is the number of calls to keep active per logged-in agent.

For your question “How many calls do you want to happen in what specific amount of time?”
This is my question. What would be the best for this or if you can give me certain condition based on which I can make some decision.

Right now I am using for my testing Hopper_level 1 and Dial_level to 1. But my question, what would be ideal for 10 agents.

Here is my question, if I am increasing the hopper level the call is disconnecting as the agent is not available in my test server. So I want to make an exact calculation how to set based on the number of agent, so the agent will not wait for long time and the ssyetm will disconnect less calls. I found help description, but I am not getting a exact idea from the help description.

Thanks.
rudra_ach

Postby mflorell » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:30 am

The hopper level has nothing to do with dropped calls, you could have your hopper level set to 1000 and it won't make a difference as to how many calls are placed. That is controlled by the dial_level. If you leave that at 1 then you should have no dropped calls.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby marvin » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:13 am

usually that would really depend on the following:
1. quality of your leads. - this would really affect the waiting time of the agent if the quality of your leads is bad like u have lots of busy faxtone, etc.
2. dial timeout that you set to the campaign. - you might want to check on the dial time out that you set.
3. dial level. - setting a higher dial level would increase your drop rate esp when you have gud quality of leads and that the same time your agents wont be able to breath because of the number of calls that are coming in.
marvin

Return to General Discussion