Unauthorized VICIDIAL Manual resellers

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Unauthorized VICIDIAL Manual resellers

Postby mflorell » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:44 pm

I was just informed of an Indian company that is reselling the VICIDIAL Manager Manual at a discount. They do not have permission to do so and if you buy through them the money will not go to the project and you will not get updates for one year as you do if you buy through eflo.net.

Please report people that are doing this and many thanks to Brian for reporting this company.

They go by the handle ucoms2001, they guy's name was David and their company is called Tech Turtle and is located in Bengal, India.
Last edited by mflorell on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mflorell » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:48 pm

After doing some research and connecting the dots, I found that this person is on this board under the handle kolucoms6. Their account has been frozen.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:32 am

The one kept on posting on on the vicidialnow section.

:( this sucks big time really :(
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby Trying » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:23 am

Well done!! Get rid of all the crooks!!
Trying

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:31 pm

did you also get a main phone # and/or address. not for harrassment or anything, just because it may turn out to help identify him again in the future. often one changes many things, and then ... the published phone creeps in and of course they forget to move.

have to spoken directly and asked for the funds from the sales? (plus the difference in price up to yours would be Sued for, but I could see you forgiving that if they give up all the $ they collected and agreed to NEVER do it again ...).

I'm sure someone in the area would be agreeable to the concept of suing on your behalf. especially if you let them keep half the $$. But the signal would then be clear.

It's not just you, this is a community project and you are merely the guy who began it and drives it ... but you have a LOT of passengers on this train who are unhappy when someone tries to get it to jump the track.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:10 pm

I have an address but no phone number. Since this is India I wasn't going to bother with trying to prosecute the guy due to the horrible record of IP protection in that country. But if anyone from India is out there and want's to take this on, just let me know and I'll forward the info on to you.

He only had the manuals for less than 2 months, and I don't think he sold it much in that time from the information I gathered.
mflorell
Site Admin

INDIA

Postby amitshur » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:04 pm

hi matt, i am from India and people here sell vicidial dialer all configured, i am mean i am not a tech guy so i knd of dont know much abt all these things, but what do u say abt it?
amitshur

Postby mflorell » Wed May 13, 2009 8:58 pm

Just found out that "globalme" here on the forums is another handle that this guy created for himself, so I banned him and several of the IP addresses he accesses through. If anyone else has any contact with this person please let me know any other aliases that he goes by.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu May 14, 2009 8:38 am

I guess free software on a free OS and free support isn't enough. You also have to steal from people to "get by". Hm. What a pleasant way to say "thanks".
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:20 pm

Was just tipped off that this guy has yet another handle here on the forums: joylovebasu

So, here's the full list for those of you who are keeping track:

collectorcc1
joylovebasu
globalme
kolucoms6
ucoms2001

He just seems to open up new gmail accounts and change his writing style slightly. Thanks for the tip!
Last edited by mflorell on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:14 pm

Do we have a real name/address for him? I do business with several clients in India and I'd like to be sure that they are aware of the ripoff artist (I mean, the odds are slim with a billion people in the country, but then again the world has proven to me many times that it's smaller than we think ...).

If a PM would be more appropriate, I would understand that. At least an address ... something ... (I'd even settle for a list of IPs, actually)
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:44 pm

I have no address other than Bengal, India, and no name other than David P which is probably not his real name.

As for IP addresses, he's used over 100 of them since he seems to be on DSL and a few other different networks. Although he did try an anonymizer service for one of these logins.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion