OSdial

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

OSdial

Postby Trying » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:23 am

Hi Matt

Have the OSdial guys provided you with their source code? Some interesting features they have added. http://callcentersg.com/featurecomp.php
Trying

Postby mflorell » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:29 am

Yep, they created a sourceforge account where you can download the code. They do have some pretty interesting ideas and have made a lot of very major changes to how the source code is organized, but they forked based on 2.0.4 which has some bugs that were a bit difficult to fix(fixed in VICIDIAL 2.0.5) and OSDial will not have any of the hundreds of new features that are in VICIDIAL 2.0.5 that will be released next week.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:48 pm

it seems they have interesting stuff they added like adding form fields.

They are based for 2.0.4?

They also have some interesting reports, I hope this is compatible with 2.0.5.

Checking the code now.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:36 pm

They have really forked the code a lot. At this point nothing from OSDial will work with ViciDial 2.0.5. It also seems like they are tying their project to only use CentOS as a their Linux distro which is a major mistake in my opinion.

Since they are based on 2.0.4 they are still missing most of what was added in 2.0.5 including several of the bug fixes and the majority of the new features. Right now they seem to be focusing on backporting or writing similar features like those in 2.0.5 as well as adding a few new features that their clients are requesting.

The custom forms are written in a very flexible-to-manage way, but you can't load lead data into them as they have them set up and they are not meant for multi-million record datasets like the vicidial_list table was written for. Also, their decision to move almost all tables to the InnoDB storage engine without taking into consideration the special application interface level requirements of that engine is almost a guaranteed cause of problems on larger setups, we have proven this is an issue with two clients already and posted about it several times so I'm not sure why they still choose to stay with it.

I had emailed with their lead developer many times in the past since he rewrote a couple scripts on the back end of ViciDial a few years ago and had contributed patches since then as well, but since he decided to fork ViciDial he has not responded to any of the emails that I have sent to him.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion