Can it do it?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Can it do it?

Postby venablc » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:16 am

Hi,

I've been looking at vicibox for over a week now and although it looks verry good im not entirely convinced it will do what im looking for.

I currently have a call center with 10 seats, each have a softphone which they use to dial out via a trixbox.

They already have all the system in place for handling their work (e.g. customer details, recording result of phone calls) etc.

I am looking for a predicitve dialler which i can stick inbetween the agents and the trixbox (I think)

What i was thinking was that the predictive dialler dials a given list of numbers out via the trixbox, once the dialler gets someone on the phone this call is sent to one of the call agents (again through the trixbox). The trixbox can take care of the routing (dialler numbers out through a SIP provider and agent calls sent to local call agent).

Does the vicibox system require that the individual call agents login to the vicibox web system? or that they register their phone with the vicibox system rather than the trixbox?

I've never worked with predictive diallers beore so any advice would be much appreciated.
venablc

Postby okli » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:59 am

It's doable, but the question is why would you need Trixbox at all if you are going to use Vicidial?
okli

Postby tweidner6471 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:15 pm

Well...If you plan on doing things the way you've described, there are a few ways:

1.) Users register with trixbox, vicidial is configured to send calls (both to agents as well as to the outside world) through trixbox. Trixbox then routes calls to the outside world via whatever mechanism you currently have in place.

2.) Users register with vicidial, which is configured to dial out through the trixbox.

Scenario 1 would be rather awkward and would probably put alot of stress on the trixbox system (it would be handling all of the call legs instead of just the outgoing). Not sure how well this would work out, but it should be doable.

Scenario 2 would be ideal since you'd be taking trixbox out of the user agent side of things. This would likely give trixbox a little more wiggle room to place outbound calls. It would also be easier to configure, but only slightly.

Honestly though, it would be simpler to just register the users sip phones with both systems, completely remove trixbox from the autodial path, and just have vicidial do what it does best.
tweidner6471

Postby williamconley » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:57 pm

I concur. If your dialing is SIP anyway, you could even benefit from having a completely seperate SIP provider for your dialer, thus removing the possibility of the "dialer" being cut off or running out of funds (or overloading the SIP provider) and cutting off your ability to dial in TrixBox.

Also, since the system you already know would not change in any way, you would simply be adding Vicidial to provide the service it was designed for. Then (later, when you are more familiar with Vicidial) you could begin to accomplish more with Vicidial and ultimately find no need for Trixbox (perhaps). I have several rooms that maintain a FreePBX box for the Customer Service division and put all sales personnell ONLY on Vicidial (always logged in, manager or agent). Which (by the way) makes the Time Clock built into Vicidial VERY handy.

Just a question of "more than one soft phone" for each agent OR zoiper (allows more than one account per soft phone, will handle up to three with free version) OR "register" each soft phone with one system (Trixbox) but accept SIP calls from Vicidial (which is ALL it takes to use Vicidial) either directly by the SIP phone OR through Trixbox (which could allow Trixbox to know that the agent is "busy" but puts more traffic through your Trixbox.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby OrvUx » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:48 am

I think you are using the Trixbox to call outside not only from the Call Center Operators right? If this is your situarion you need a way to have NORMAL extensions and OPERATOR extensions in the same box i guess. We have a client with this situation, he don't want to buy another box and we made the integration between ViciDial and FreePBX in that case, but the only issue is that you need to setup the OPERATOR extensions in both sides and disable the Vicidial file configuration generation. If not is your case ignore this post. ;)
Orvil Juarez
J&A Consulting
http://www.jacons.net
Linux, Asterisk and Vicidial Consulting in Tijuana, B.C. Mexico
OrvUx

Return to General Discussion